Once Upon A Time - Rumplestiltskin's Dagger (pic heavy)

yeah cuz like you said, the two are different... but they aren't really THAT different. i guess.. i'll try and get something up tonight or tomorrow for the back design... been busy with work. sorry. :\

hey, sorry for the delays... i've got two new versions for you... i was looking at the pic you sent back. and on the top part of the hilt, there seems to be, some kind of.. i dunno, thing there.
so...
FRONTedit.jpg

and
edit2.jpg

and now i'll go work on the back design some more.

hope these are okay for you. let me know if you need any changes or anything? :)

I think the bottom one. I see what you mean about the top one but I like the bottom one better. I'll print it out on tracing paper and see how it looks. Well done!

awesome. let me know if it needs any adjustments once you try it on the blade. i'm still sketching out the design for the back. i'll post some up once i'm happy with them.

Oh wow! I made a wooden one of these a few months back as a one-day project-

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/biliousneko/RumplestiltskinKnife2000px.jpg

I originally was going to make it in aluminum and cut the blank but lost patience when grinding it down for just a whim-project. XD This thread has inspired me to try to finish it! Awesome reference images you found! Will have to save them if I revisit!

That shows my interpritation of some of those unclear details if that helps any! I simplified in other areas because it was a quick project for fun. :)

Didn't get that far and couldn't find references I was happy with, unfortunately. It mostly is just to hang on my wall and smile at. I'm excited to see how other people approach the end-piece on the handle, I couldn't find any good references and had to fudge it! :/

Well OzDean is doing the handle. I just need to work on the blade graphics. Which is proving to be a bit of a task. I wish i could just tweet to robert carlyle and ask him to snap a clearer picture of the dagger!

THE FANS DEMAND IT! If I manage to find any references you guys haven't already found I'll pop them your way! As it stands for mine I just found a photo that was as dead-on as possible, printed it out and traced it on. I wish I had seen this thread back then! I did it the weekend that first knife-centric episode aired. XD

As far as I can recall it was just a sort of floral-like pattern?

P.S. I see you guys are working in metric, but my hypothetical measurement I went by was a 13-inch blade. I liked having the number 13 in there and it seemed to work out. :)

Yeah kind of a gothic floral type. Very similar to the mid-section of the front face of the blade.. Hah im working on some sketches from whatever references we currently have... Will post as soon as i get a chance.

Hey Dean,

how'd the front graphics work out? do i need to do any kind of rescale? :\ also for the back graphics, i think the tip of the blade, and the mid-section are the same, only the top part where on the front, his name is, is different... any suggestions? :)

This is absolutely amazing! I too wanted this dagger as soon as I saw it on the show.... I didn't even notice that they were actually different until I saw it on here....lol

Now the question comes up if you are making this strictly for yourself or willing to share your artistic talent??

I'm curious if you are too because that would be downright amazing! lol I admire all forms of talent and feel it is necessary express how much I respect talented people and thank them of course too! ^_^

Yes, that's my knife you're seeing on the show. My company creates many of the props that are not "off the shelf" props for Once Upon a Time". One of my favourite builds for them was the grappling hook arrows used in the season finale. We've actually produced several versions of the dagger, depending on whether its being shot from the left or right or rubber versions for stunts.

oh wow. this is insanely cool.

Dean, do you still need me to help create the graphics for the blade? since this beautiful picture has been so generously uploaded. :)

i could help "scale" it to the proper size for the blade you've made.. haha.

Thanks for being fans of the show and the knife. It was a great design and a fun build for the shop. I was responsible for sculpting the handle, pommel and hilt. We cast a ton of them over the cool blades MinFX did.

It was a bit of a scramble to get them done on time, since it was a re-do for everyone when someone figured out the Rumpelstiltskin was spelled incorrectly, or at least the way they wanted to spell it. No idea who messed that one up over at Disney haha poor guy. Oh and then the direction they wanted the name to go changed... Crazy last minute scrambling but we got those aluminum and rubbers cast in time for the graphics to be put on and Old Rumple to kill people with it.

Really cool builds on this show, it's great to be working on it.

Cheers!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back