Something a little different...Red 9

Good spot. I was wondering if anyone would catch this. It was intentional. As the Rebel fleet is in constant repair and cobbling, it was going to be assumed that this bird's wing was salvaged was pressed into service to meet the demand. C'mon Jerry! Show yourself and take a bow!

Was wondering the same thing ?

Anyway stunning work, and kudos Jerry, the paintjob is awesome !

Thanks. I really wanted to light this. And it paid off. THe only complaint Jerry had was when I primed it. I sent it to him black. I used Plasticote black primer on the whole thing and then sent it off. Problem was it was pretty humid when I did it. The kit literally ate 2 full bottles of Floquil White before Jerry decided to strip the primer and start over. He wasn't a very happy camper at the start!

Love the paint job on this! I've never had the patience to do fibre optics, but it really adds another level to the model :)

Haha! Very creative. It's a unique paint job and fits right in very well. Good job!

Good spot. I was wondering if anyone would catch this. It was intentional. As the Rebel fleet is in constant repair and cobbling, it was going to be assumed that this bird's wing was salvaged was pressed into service to meet the demand. C'mon Jerry! Show yourself and take a bow!

Nice touch !

Just noticed this thread - Fantastic Job!

And your interpretation of the numbering scheme on the wing is spot on!

The sequence has never been officially documented, but I think yours is
consistent and works perfectly.

Thanks for sharing your great work!

Thank you ALL for the kind comments! very much appreciated!
I thank Evan for the opportunity to let me get creative on his model, i really wanted to show off Evans detail work and how beat up and desperate the rebellion was in needing resources for fighting the Empire.
I really liked this and almost didnt want to send it back! lol!
I too forgot to do the droid but then again in episode 4 Luke was asked if he wanted a new r2 unit because artoo was beat up, so maybe this guy got one?
All of the weathering was done by hand, i used pastels and oil paints, the only airbrusshing was the main colors, and they were the Floquil paints, reefer white, caboose red, tuscan, sp armor, concrete, grime, grimey black.
The pastel powders contain nothing to cause a reaction with the sealer, but the Tamiya weathering masters set contain an oil or wax to make it stick to the applied area like eye make up does, and seemed to make it seperate into slotches, and had to be reapplied several times to make it stick.
Evan had given me some suggestions as to witch direction he wanted me to go to with the painting and i decided to go with several from other ships, and im glad that it was noticed.
I did borrow from red 2, 3, 4, 5, 12.
The mismatched stripes on the starboard upper wing was an idea that i thought would be neat and didnt think anyone would notice hehe, i was wrong!
I am really glad yall liked it and especially Evan, and if asked to do another the answer is heck yeah i would!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back