Want to put together a Doctor Who costume... 10th Doctor

Jedi Bailinkski

I have come to where I am sure I will find the experts on this idea. I want to start a costume for the 10th Doctor.

Can someone point me in the right direction to start? I am no a small guy, so I will be looking for something that I can fit in. I know that may make it harder and more expensive, but what fun is it if you don't plan to wear it?

Also any idea on how much I am going to be out by the end? I know the sonic's can get quite pricey, but overtime I think I can manage all of it.

If you use the search button, you will find a wealth of information about 10's outfit. Unfortunately, there is no single thread, as there is for TDK Joker, but this topic does seem to come up every couple of weeks.

To summarise though, the best fabric by far for the brown suit comes from Magnoli Clothiers (the blue is not quite so spot on - here is my thread about a re-dye. One of these days I'm going to get my youtube channel up and post reviews of the blue and brown suits. http://www.therpf.com/f24/dyed-blue-magnoli-fabric-114387/ )

Magnoli also sells the replica ties as these are not available off-the-shelf and are all long discontinued. The off-white converse however are still in production.

Yes, having it custom tailord either by Baron Boutique or Magnoli is the way to go!
Fortunately, this costume is popular enough where there are several options available to you.

Completely agree with Dave on the fit. My brown jacket fits a a normal jacket, but it needs to be about an inch shorter and a bit narrower in the shoulders to look like 10's.

as it is hard to find the off-white converse (atleast itt is where i live) you can always go fir the black and white as seen in rise of the cybermen

The natural white chucks are a core color and are easy to get a hold of online. The maroon ones are out of production and getting hard to find. Their replacement color is... just not right

Zappos just had 24 million users data stolen by hackers. I'd spend the extra bucks and go with the Converse site. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back