Need a solution - Need ONE casting of clear resin...

TylerHam

Hi All -

I know all about pressure pots / etc - But I dont want to buy a pressure pot just to cast ONE clear piece -

Any suggestions on ways around the pressure pot? It doesnt have to be perfectly clear 9some bubbles OK - But is there a good resin that is generally better clarity wise / bubble free than the others???

Thank you! Maybe in the future if I do more I can justify the purchase of the pressure pot - But I just cant now! :)

you can make your own 1 use pressure pot with a soda bottle and a bike pump. 30 to 50 psi is all thats needed.

The bike pump gets connected to the cap with a valve to hold the pressure. Soda bottles can hold about 42psi before bursting.
If you use a large mouth 3 liter you would have a little more strength.
If the mold does not squeeze through the mouth, you can slice the bottle in half and then use quick set epoxy to re seal it together like you might connect two straws together. They make 1 min epoxy that are very strong specially designed for use in quick fix applications. It is not a reusable method, but that is what you wanted.

Just be aware that if the bottle bursts, the resin will turn into a mist and spray onto everything.

I have seen people use pressure cooker pots a pressure casting pots as well.

Depends on how complicated your shape is. I tried clear resin casting for the first time and was pretty happy with the result.

Not a single bubble and I didn't use a pressure pot or anything.

This was a first attempt and I need to adjust the amount of catalyst but as for bubbles you couldn't get it any better.

This is the resin I used.
DSM Synolite Water Clear Casting Resin - mbfg.co.uk

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back