Soft foam filler help pweese

stevieboy1

Hi all i got some what is suposed to be soft foam filler I tryed it and its gone rather hard only a very slight bounce to it and not soft at all any suggestions?? it is 100 parts of part A to 50 parts of part B

I read somthing somewere about varying the amounts of each part for a harder or softer finish any one have any idea on what I could do to make it a much softer foam finish?

Also some of the foam filler leaked down the dide of the latex cast and onto the mold and I cant get it off its really stuck on the plaster mold can anyone tell me what I can do to try and clean it of without damaging the mold or i wont be able to re use the mold.:cry:cry

Kind regards
Steve:)

yeah i see that after I posted here lol. I have tryed adding less of part two but it still came out firm lol. the reason I want it softer is for the head mold were its quite complex if its too firm id never be able to get the head out the mold without breaking it. Anyone have a sugested ratio to try for a really soft finish? ;-)

regards
Steve ;-)

try half of what you used, take notes ( I should listen to my own advice as I repeat the same mistakes constantly) and tweak the ratio as you go along.

ALSO! a mold release might help.

try half of what you used, take notes ( I should listen to my own advice as I repeat the same mistakes constantly) and tweak the ratio as you go along.

ALSO! a mold release might help.

Thanks for the advice using less of part B made it much softer.:)

it seems the more of part b you add the firmer the foam the less you add the softer.

now my gremlin is complete yay!:)

regards
Steve:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back