2012 Toronto Prop Party **JUNE 2nd, 2012**

Re: 2012 Toronto Prop Party **MAY 26, 2012**

Looks like there's going to be a little "prop building party" at my place on March 11th. Who knows, HIC might be ready for this! :)

(if anyone's interested in coming PM me, it's at my place in Burlington)

Are there any age restrictions of either of the events? Also is a prop-party a convention (but with a bigger emphasis on props)?
Thanks for any info, I'm a bit of a n00b around here...

No age restriction, last year a few folks brought their kids (although make sure anyone you bring isn't going to be reckless around the props, you break it you buy it).

It's not a convention, it's a group of like minded folks getting together and showing off their stuff. :)

I've updated the 1st post to include a list of all those who have expressed interest in attending.

I think there could be several others who want to attend, but they have not confirmed or contacted me yet. If any of you know some of these members who should be added to the list, PLEASE, let me know ASAP.

I firmly believe that at this point we'll have to stick with the same room we had last year, but I'm sure we can do something different with the arrangement of tables.

To justify the cost of the bigger room, I'd really need to firm up the attendance list by the end of March, otherwise it will be too late to change to the bigger sized room by that time.

Orange_Blend, I will do my damnedest to be there March 11. :)

I firmly believe that at this point we'll have to stick with the same room we had last year, but I'm sure we can do something different with the arrangement of tables.

Ya, you're probably right. Oh well! We'll make it awesome. :)

You should try to contact Cam (Ghostcinderella). I'm sure he'll bring some of his horror stuff if he's able to get a lift. I don't know if I can bring him this year, if my HIC is finished it'll take up most of the truck but Neil can probably give him a ride.

Orange_Blend, I will do my damnedest to be there March 11. :)

That would be cool. :thumbsup

Let me know if you need the address again!

It was pointed out to me that the Anime North 2012 con is the weekend of May 26.

Can't seem to win on scheduling these dates. lol.

Thankfully Anime's not my cup of tea so I wouldn't be going anyway..Although it is just down the street from me. Oh well.

Awesome.
hehe. The place to be..

If I can get 20 people @ $20 each, that's a promising sign.

I haven't done any paid advertising at this point for financial reasons, only because to start advertising now, until May will be costly and there's no way of knowing how many it will attract.

I'd ask if the mods would put up a banner for you or something. As an RPF event you should be able to get some support I would think (a little closer to the day).

Oh crap, forgot AnimeNorth. Jaedena and I work the weapons check at that. Damn.

Lol. Oh boy, my luck.

That's OK, Talisen & Jaedena, I understand.

Perhaps it is not too late for me to review the May 26th date.

I'd ask if the mods would put up a banner for you or something. As an RPF event you should be able to get some support I would think (a little closer to the day).

Yeah, I was advised by 'Montager' to shoot him a msg Mar20, as that will be 60 days from the party, that's the point at which they can 'stick' the thread. That's what I was told, anyway.

***UPDATE***

For those of you who clearly attend more conventions than I do...lol.

Can anyone 'suggest' a different date? perhaps a date in June?

Last year's was June 25 and that worked out well I think.

Apparently there are more convention dates to work around than I had originally thought.

Mar 10-11 - Hobbystar Comic Con
Apr 14-15 - Comic Con
Apr 13-15 - Ad Astra
May 26 - Anime North
Jul 6-8 - Polaris
Aug 23-26 Fan Expo

I'm sure I missed a bunch. And of course there's lots of other events like toy shows, etc.

Last edited:

Looks like that may be the best bet.

With my luck, there'll be another event that day.

***UPDATE - BIG ***

I hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot, but I was able to have the date changed to

**Saturday JUNE 2, 2012**

I hope this helps for some of us who could not attend due to ANIME NORTH being that same weekend.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back