2012 Toronto Prop Party **JUNE 2nd, 2012**

Re: 2012 Toronto Prop Party **MAY 26, 2012**

I'll go in. I got a about 6 or 7 things and maybe I'll have the Optimus Prime gun done. It's coming along well.

It's looking like even if I do take the job we're going to let my son finish the school year here so I'll do my absolute best to be there even if I'm working out West. :thumbsup

Come to think of it, this might be as good a place as any to ask 'cause you're mostly local.

Anyone got a mannequin they're looking to unload? Doesn't have to be in good shape but should be able to stand and be male. I need one for my stormtrooper armour both for display at my home and at the party. :)

Sorry Orange, don't know of any. I'll keep an eye out for one.

***UPDATE***

Well, due to attendance and cost concerns, we may have to settle for the same room as last year. Support for this event seems to be much softer than last year.

I we do not have more than 20 people interested by the end of March we will have to take the same room as last year.

The room wasn't bad last year. I think we can definitely arrange the tables in a more efficient way this year though.

There is a large difference in the cost of the rooms so this is a decision I will have to make by the end of March based on anticipated attendance.

I trust everyone understands where I'm coming from.

I'd like to add that people should bring in progress stuff too if they want. I know I love seeing those as much as completed props too. Would love to see CJS's Optimus Gun even if not 100% complete!

Still advertising? That would likely bring numbers up. I'll have some stuff for sale like last year but will hopefully be better organized.

What kind of difference in cost are we talking about?

Well it's a price difference of $500 for last year's room and special price of $900 for the bigger room.

I see... So $400 is what we need to bridge.

Are we advertising at all? What are you thinking for admission? Price of raffle tickets?

Hey guys....

I am pretty new to the forum but I would be down for a Toronto prop party!

what do I need to do?

***UPDATE***

So it looks like we're going with last year's room as I have not received enough interest to justify getting a larger room this year.
In fact, interest in the party is way 'softer' this year than it was last year.

Perhaps we can get this thread stickied to help keep it visible? Also it may pay to contact anyone that posted in the last prop party thread, with the issues the RPF has had with the domain name, there may be a bunch of people that are not checking in often.

Everyone spread the word to any prop/costume communities you're part of! :)

Thread can only be stuck 60 days out. Montager advised me to remind him on Mar20/12, then he will stick it.

I had sent PMs to everyone who attended last years.

Not too many hits back though.

I'll update the 1st post with a list of those who I believe are attending at this point.

Well that's a crying shame. :(
The guests I invited last year all had the same comment:

"Neat, but a lot smaller than I thought it would be".

Oh well, we'll rock that little room! :thumbsup

Interested, will definitely go if I can.
I will be a good inspiration for me to finish my vault dweller costume... now I just need a pip-boy....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back