2012 Toronto Prop Party **JUNE 2nd, 2012**

Re: 2012 Toronto Prop Party

***UPDATE***

Ok, I saw the room. I don't think there is any doubt that this room is enough for our needs.

The room is 57 x 41 ft.

Pictures are here
Days Hotel - Larger room pictures by caveneau - Photobucket
(Let me know if the link doesn't work)

I"m still waiting for 1 call back, but it looks like it's going to be at the Days Hotel again. Which is fine with me. I like the place.

We'll have lots and lots of tables!

If anyone is interested in attending early, let me know because we could have them set up a breakfast buffet.

It will be a full day this year. 10am to 5pm.

Re: 2012 Toronto Prop Party

Anyone wanting to bring entertainment units such as TVs, game consoles, DVD player, stereo, etc, let me know.

Re: 2012 Toronto Prop Party **MAY 26, 2012**

Putting it on my calendar!

Still good for 4 tables and I'll make sure I'm a little early to set up. :D

Looking forward to it!

*** RAFFLE PRIZES ***

Anyone interested in donating prizes, please let me know

*** RAFFLE PRIZES ***

Anyone interested in donating prizes, please let me know

I will donate a Grail Diary with Tablet rubbing. That otta bring some people out. :D

Valued between $200-$300.

Last edited:

Generous as always Mike.

The first prize has been donated.

Thought. Since we're a whole day this time should we see about perhaps some kind of scheduled demonstration or something like that? Not sure what the skill pool is like but having something more than a bunch of guys drooling over props might be neat. (not that drooling over props isn't really fun :lol)

Sure, that's a good idea.
We'll try to come up with something.

****UPDATE****

Well, I don't know why this one legion hall refuses to call me back after telling me 2 times they would...Anyway..

Basically, the location is pretty much confirmed as the Days Hotel.

At this point I'm working on how to advertise it.

I posted in 'thedentedhelmet' and on 'scifihero.net'

I'm already paying for some webspace so I'm thinking about putting up a quick website.
Giving a URL when advertising is easiest, so at this point I haven't planned any printed ads.

But I need everyone to do me a personal favour...Let me know ASAP whoever is sure at this time if they are either:
1. Confirmed attending
2. Tentatively attending
3. Not sure

Some of you have mentioned you'd be attending because you had such a great time last year. hehe. Thanks for the support.

I will edit the 1st post of the thread with a list of those who are any of the above 3.

Is that okay? Everyone ok with me making a public list on the 1st post?

Last edited:

I haven't confirmed a price yet which is another part of the problem because again like last year I"m going to have to keep badgering everyone to post comments and let me know if they have a head count of more than 1 person attending.

I hope you appreciate that since 'a bigger room' is a welcome bonus this year, please remember this means the cost for me is also higher than last year. So the quicker I can get an idea I can start trying to set a price. I'm not making money off these at all, it's my need to round up all of us in 1 place at 1 time that's my driving force behind all of this.

At this point, everyone would be scared off if you knew the price per person for me just to break even. So think of it like the quicker I can find out by March 31, 2012, the lower I can keep the price.

March 31, 2012
I will do a count of interest based on those who have posted on the thread and/or sent me private messages.

I'm hoping for no less than 50 people, hoping, hoping.

Last edited:

I have to step a notch down from confirmed to tentative... Might have a job offer in Vancouver and if I take it, I obviously won't be attending. If I'm in the province you can be assured I'll be there though! Will definitely know by the end of March if that's the case. Either way I'll still donate the diary. :)

Hey man, work is work. I hear ya.
We've still got some time

I am in unless something comes up, assuming I can afford it. Not sure if my girlfriend will attend.

Cav, did you get my email?

Awesome!

Dr_Slurpee, yes, sorry I did get your email. I apologize for my delays.

We'll have a lot more space this year. Seriously a lot more space.
See, at this point, the room we had last year would be sufficient.

As we get closer to May it would be harder to make any last minute changes to the room.

Talisen and Jaedena probably want 4 -6 tables?

OrangeBlend is(hopefully) going to need minimum 6 tables.

If Mr. David Pea from UD Designs attends he may appreciate a larger space as well.

But it is still early, there's time.

Hey I am in.

I have not been around with all the web site hijacking stuff going on. I will also see if I can scrounge up some prizes.

Prop wise I have not been doing much. I have been building models and I have been trying to get my CNC machine up and running.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back