2012 Toronto Prop Party **JUNE 2nd, 2012**

Here's some more that Julian took. First some silly ones of me:

Some old man gave me this book...
7331694948_dce9ed77b8.jpg

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!!
7331687388_6c5172979a.jpg

DEADIIIIIIIIITES!!!!!
7331814732_128d477aa8.jpg

As for the rest, just what he felt like shooting. I'm really saddened he didn't get any of Brian's AWESOME Stargate stuff! As usual, larger resolution if you click the pic.

DSC_0410 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0412 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0264 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0257 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0247 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0214 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0204 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0199 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0188 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0189 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0177 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0176 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0168 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0165 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

DSC_0159 by mcpl_mjb, on Flickr

This is an airbore strain of the highly contagious RPF virus. It is spread by casual exposure to raw awesomness. There is no medicine or treatment that will reverse its effects. Once you get it... you're cured!

The bad news is that everyone who contracts the RPF virus will die within 150 years.

Sorry I missed this great event but God & finances willing... next year in Toronto!!!

I just did this up today.
*Note: the blue light was just a laser I used just for picture...for effect.
2012-toronto-prop-party-june-2nd-2012-img_1585.jpg-96679d1338577246

Likewise, for any previous photos posted as well.

Trying to get started on editing the footage. I took more than expected. Now I've had to switch to my 12 year old mac to edit b/c my newer mac is on the brink.

Maybe Tempus could help you out. Dave? He is an "Apple Genius Extraordinaire"! :)

Good point Gerry.

What problems are you having? You can PM me if you don't want it posted here.

And Gerry? Turns on the Cricket board I got from you last year is kaput, FYI. The new one is awesome. I have already started work on it. Hope to have it done in a week or so.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
And Gerry? Turns on the Cricket board I got from you last year is kaput, FYI. The new one is awesome. I have already started work on it. Hope to have it done in a week or so.

Many thanks!

Send me the bad board and I will either fix it or replace it. Then you can build another Cricket. Everybody needs a spare phaser.

Regarding my mac, its a G5 tower, dual 2.0, Quad-core, liquid-cooled. It's a 2005 or 2006 model. I've researched as much as I possibly can, there's no coolant leaks, at least none visible, I've checked twice. I acutally saw a video on Youtube where mine was doing exactly the same thing. It will turn on, stay on for a while, then the connection would suddenly go from the monitor, as if going into sleep mode, but then shaking the mouse doesn't bring it back. I have to restart the computer by holding down the power button. In another variation of this problem, the red light will go on permanently some times after 5-10 minutes, or on some days, not at all. but the common problem is that I cannot leave my mac on for extended periods of time, which sucks because I do music stuff and now I'm trying to edit the footage, which requires more time than just 1-2 hours sessions, with the chance it may crash.

Luckily I have older G4 tower PPC which I bought back in March 2001 and it's still going strong. I have a copy of Final Cut Express already installed so at least I can work off that for now.

My mac that has the problems is now probably worth less than $500 and I don't really think it's worth fixing.
Power Macintosh G5 "Quad Core" (2.5) Specs (Late 2005, M9592LL/A, PowerMac11,2, A1177, 2023) @ EveryMac.com
Could be a problem with the logic board. I don't believe it's a 'heat' issue either. Personally, I'm just trying to hold out until Apple makes an announcement by the end of the summer about the future of the MacPro line, because ultimately I'd like one of those, but not until they upgrade the hardware.

Thanks Dave.

What problems are you having? You can PM me if you don't want it posted here.

That sounds like a logic board problem to me.

Probably not worth the money to replace it.

I have a 2006 Mac Pro and it is still running strong - great machine.

Hey gang
Just a shout out on the prop party it was great to meet you all ...missed a few of you I know ,next time for sure guys .
Thank you all for a great day and a chance to see some awesome work from my peers
Cheers all
Tk...out

A big THANK YOU to Andrew for diong such a fantastic job putting this event together! Oh, and for donating the QMX Mal. I had a great time.

We should have taken a group shot of the whole group together though:facepalm:facepalm

Thanks TMBountyHunter for taking such good pics of my table, I completely forgot.

Now I can't wait for the 2013 party. Aaron, bring your Hellboy collection next year too!

Yeah, I'm terribly sorry that we didn't take a group photo. Big-time:facepalm

Especially considering it was in the schedule. Again...:facepalm

We should have done it right after the raffle. :facepalm

I'm kicking myself..hard..

For the sake of transparency, I can post more details on this but this year's party generated $800 even and my total costs for the room and food worked out to $618.50(I haven't got the bill yet, but I'm sure the room worked out to $508 total). I'd say about 1/2 of all monies raised this year came from the raffle and from guest attendance(they all seemed to know Mike)

Thus, the Toronto Prop Party has earned $181.50 which can go towards an additional smaller event this year.

Perhaps later this summer we can make another party at the same location in one of their smaller rooms. It's just to the left of the room we had this year, but that room is much smaller. However, we can make it just a MEET Party. The cost of that room is only $200(without tax).

The proceeds from this year's party can go towards another, smaller event a few months down the road. We don't need to hold a large event as everyone seemed to just enjoy meeting up and socializing. The cost of a smaller event could be vitually NIL, except for food(of course), plus if we 'feel' like holding another raffle event there would be no need for an admission fee.:love

Just some thoughts...I'll post more misc. details tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for making the event possible.
The force was strong at Jane & Wilson Saturday. Hehe.
(y)thumbsup

I'd say about 1/2 of all monies raised this year came from the raffle and from guest attendance(they all seemed to know Mike)

:lol What can I say? I'm a popular guy! ;)

If it were me, I'd say put the extra funds to a bigger room next year. :thumbsup

Either that or bring a REALLY nice dish to my xmas party! :D

Nice. We could still do all of the above.

We could setup a table in Mike's kitchen and do the demos there and drink at the same time.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back