Mad Max: Fury Road

I thought there was one medical scene that more than justified the R rating.

The ceserean section scene was all off-screen except for the bit of umbilical cord they showed. He kinda made a EUWWW sound during the milking scene. I couldn't cover his eyes fast enough. He thought Joe's missing mouth was just like that at the end. He said that guy has an ugly mouth. Lol!

Nice article, thanks! Lots of CG, but used thoughtfully. Definitely more than I thought, more than the hype would lead one to suspect. I'm sure SW: TFA will be the same way.

We're actually a family-friendly forum, and that review ain't. It doesn't matter what kind of language or character names appear in the film you're discussing; you agreed to the RPF terms of service when signing up. The swear filter is in place for a reason, not so we can see the same words beginning with dollar signs. Feel free to dislike the film as much as you like and express that - but lose the crass approach or take it elsewhere.

The one character I really wonder about is furiosa. Considering the citadel was such a male dominated society, I find it interesting that she was tasked with the most important role they had. She was in charge of force who gathered the resources. Even the other men who rode with her respected her position. How did she even get to that high rank if she was a women?

The one character I really wonder about is furiosa. Considering the citadel was such a male dominated society, I find it interesting that she was tasked with the most important role they had. She was in charge of force who gathered the resources. Even the other men who rode with her respected her position. How did she even get to that high rank if she was a women?

Well there is probably a helluva story there, but do we want to know it? Sometimes it's the mystery that makes for compelling characters.
There is a comic series with Miller's input giving back stories, first issue is out already for Joe and Nux, so that may have the answers if you want it filled in in coming issues.

Well there is probably a helluva story there, but do we want to know it? Sometimes it's the mystery that makes for compelling characters.
There is a comic series with Miller's input giving back stories, first issue is out already for Joe and Nux, so that may have the answers if you want it filled in in coming issues.
I completely agree. I think that it just makes her story more interesting.

I've just got through watching the movie, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. It's definitely one for the true Mad Max fans.

Everyone's interpretations of "pro-feminism" or "pro-masculist" thing is completely B.S. from what I can tell. This film, if anything, is "pro-equalist", meaning all sides are equal. Furiosa is just as strong and able to fight toe-to-toe with Max, and Max seems to respect her for that. They are both cut almost from the same cloth, but Max is a man who's gone past the line that divides a man from good and evil, while Furiosa appears to be someone who went past the line and is able to come back from the brink. In fact, the only other strong female character that we've seen in the MM universe that could have been as equally good as Max is the Warrior Woman from The Road Warrior, but we never got to see much interaction between the two to know for certain. Everyone's interpretation of "we are not things" wives is a pro-feminist ideal is nothing more than post-modern insertion of ideologies on a run-of-the-mills staple of a genre cliche. I mean, come on, how many post-apocalyptic films and stories have there been where there has been one male ruler that has a whole harem? And how many of those stories has there never been at least a small number of those women in those harems that didn't want to be there? Hell, even some historical and fantasy stories of the past and present has had that, and I certainly never heard anyone claim that to be pro-feminism. My point is that the whole "harem wants to get away from the man who owns them, and the ruler wants them back" isn't anything new, nor is it pro-feminism. It's just a typical run-of-the-mill cliche that would be in any other post-apocalyptic story. So, everyone with their pro-feminism or pro-masculist interpretations can go bugger off, because that's not what the film is about. It's a typical post=apocalyptic action film that's gritty and fun, much like the three previous Mad Max before them, and all three of those had none of those ideologies. Mad Max: Fury Road doesn't have any susch ideologies either.

Now, the only gripe I have about Mad Max: Fury Road is this:
George Miller must really hate the V-8 Interceptor. Seriously. That's the second time we've seen that awesome vehicle get completely destroyed on screen. I swear, if it turns up again in the next film intact, and then shown to be completely destroyed again, I will be certain that he freakin' hates that car. I swear after Max points out "That's MY car!" I was expecting him to end up getting onboard it and reclaiming it from the War Boys, like how he took his jacket back from Nux (let's face it, Max without the Interceptor is like Indiana Jones without his Fedora and whip and Han Solo without the Millennium Falcon).

But other than that, I thought the film was pretty good. I'm glad that they had real cars and use a real setting instead of trying to use CG for all of those things. Story was kind of decent, but it was good to see that Miller was directing it (seriously, we've seen what happens with the original creators of films are no longer involved with them. This could have been as bad as Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines on forward). Hope the next one is better. :)

Before I go, there's one thing I'm disappointed about: That AMT/ERTL, Monogram or even Polar Lights didn't jump on the band-wagon for making model kits of the vehicles in this film. Seriously, who wouldn't want to have 1/25 models of the vehicles from this film?

Last edited:
You know there was a saying "Women are civilization", men left to their own without connections and caring from women and towards women.. well, I'm not being an absolutist but there are times in history you can point to this, hell you can point to this in the world now in some parts of the world where women are marginalized how effed up societies can become. And I"m not condemning men either to some lower regard, or elevating women to a higher one. The point is they work best together and this film is agnostic on any so called battle of the sexes so very much agreed on that.

As for model kits, I'm sure they were unsure of the film's success possibilities so held off. Hopefully we see something. I have my 1/18 diecast Interceptor for now, but that was pre-built . but man imagine a War Rig in that scale!

As for model kits, I'm sure they were unsure of the film's success possibilities so held off. Hopefully we see something. I have my 1/18 diecast Interceptor for now, but that was pre-built . but man imagine a War Rig in that scale!

That's why I think that it should be at 1/25 scale, so that you can get the rig, the tanker trailer and the fuel pod in one nice package (I mean, there's an AMT/ERTL model of a '71 Dodge Charger in 1/16 scale. The company also did a 1969 Dodge Charger "General Lee" model for The Dukes of Hazzard in the same 1/16 scale, so a 1/25 scale War Rig with tanker and fuel pod fitting in one box would work), and it still be in scale with the other vehicles. That Gigahorse looks pretty bad-ass as well, but I definitely would buy Max's Interceptor (which could be a kit that would allow for making any of the film versions of the vehicle, be it from the first film, The Road Warrior, Fury Road pre-crash or Fury Road War Boy modded version. It would be the ultimate all-in-one kit if they did it). I bet now, those companies are kicking themselves for not doing it at the time of the film's release (but then again, they could always do them after the film leaves the theater. I mean, I've seen the Jack Reacher Chevy Chevelle in Hobby Lobby well after the film left the theaters and ended up on Blu-Ray/DVD. Hell, there's a model of the 1958 Plymouth Fury Christine, and that's been years out of the theater).

Well, I spotted at least one car that could be kit bashed. The 1971 Dodge Charger (which you can see in the background in a few of the shots, including this one):
i810323.jpg

Last edited:
Upon watching the film for the third time, I tried to figure out what Max was saying when he was strapped to the front of the car.

First shot with Max strapped to Nux's car
Max: ****. What more can they take from me? They've got my blood, (The redo V8 passes by) and that was my car!

Nux charges ahead of Joe's Armada
Max: Get **** upper!
*I have little to no idea what he's saying

Slit throws an explosive spear by Max's head
Max: That's my head!

Anyone know what Max says during the charge?

That's why I think that it should be at 1/25 scale, so that you can get the rig, the tanker trailer and the fuel pod in one nice package (I mean, there's an AMT/ERTL model of a '71 Dodge Charger in 1/16 scale. The company also did a 1969 Dodge Charger "General Lee" model for The Dukes of Hazzard in the same 1/16 scale, so a 1/25 scale War Rig with tanker and fuel pod fitting in one box would work), and it still be in scale with the other vehicles. That Gigahorse looks pretty bad-ass as well, but I definitely would buy Max's Interceptor (which could be a kit that would allow for making any of the film versions of the vehicle, be it from the first film, The Road Warrior, Fury Road pre-crash or Fury Road War Boy modded version. It would be the ultimate all-in-one kit if they did it). I bet now, those companies are kicking themselves for not doing it at the time of the film's release (but then again, they could always do them after the film leaves the theater. I mean, I've seen the Jack Reacher Chevy Chevelle in Hobby Lobby well after the film left the theaters and ended up on Blu-Ray/DVD. Hell, there's a model of the 1958 Plymouth Fury Christine, and that's been years out of the theater).

Well, I spotted at least one car that could be kit bashed. The 1971 Dodge Charger (which you can see in the background in a few of the shots, including this one):
http://www.imcdb.org/i810323.jpg

This film has fantastic potential for model kit bashing. I'm thinking of doing a few. It wouldn't be too hard and would be quite enjoyable. That charger would be a good start.

Ben

This film has fantastic potential for model kit bashing. I'm thinking of doing a few. It wouldn't be too hard and would be quite enjoyable. That charger would be a good start.

I agree, the film's got potential for kit bashing and the Charger would be a good place to start. For now, I'm focusing on another post-apocayltic vehicle from another post-apocalyptic story that I might do: A Dodge Challenger roller from the video game Defiance.

116.jpg

NICE! Can't wait to see the end result for that one. :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back