Lego Super Star Destroyer

PattyChuck

This might be verboten, but I'm curious to know if anyone has ever put together or seen the Lego Super Star Destroyer (Kit 10221)? Growing up in the 70's/80's I have a love of both Lego and Star Wars, and have already put together for display several of their other Star Wars kits. It seems like this kit is huge at 8 pounds and 5 feet, and was curious to get input on how well it displays.

Thanks!!

I prefer the old Star Destroyer kit--more impressive to me, plus it's cheaper (without much less pieces). Only issue is that it can start sagging after a while, so you have to reinforce the inner frame a bit

I prefer the old Star Destroyer kit--more impressive to me, plus it's cheaper (without much less pieces). Only issue is that it can start sagging after a while, so you have to reinforce the inner frame a bit

I haven't been able to find an old Star Destroyer kit for under $1,000. The Super Star Destroyer retails for $400.

Any hints on where I might find the old Star Destroyer for under $1,000? Just to be clear, we're talking about kit 10030...

Really? I thought that one was going for less than retail.

I used to have it when I collected Lego, but when I sold my collection I sold that one off for like $250

It's definitely not worth $1,000 though

The new one is very nice- seen it built at the local Lego store. Includes minifigs of a few bounty hunters which is always nice!

I've seen the new one too when I was in the US last year. It was incredible, but much too bulky for me to bring back, and definitely too costly as well.

Good luck with your hunt dude.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back