ANH * Death Star Laser Turret

Also, this model is literally a box stacked on top of a box. Make some drawings, grab some 1/2" hobby stock from Home Depot to make a frame and cover it in styrene - or acrylic if you want to be fancy. Amazon has some lazy-susan bearings that are perfect to hold top and bottom halves together. I think I spent $30 to make my frame.

Craig

Mad is not the right word... disappointed I think accurately covers it for me. I knew all along tat I could scratch this turret if needed... But I was really looking forward to not having to since its pretty far down my list of things to do. as a kit I cold have had it basically together in a day, and glued a few detail parts a day on for a couple of months and one day I'd just find a DS turret in my display case as -if by magic :)

Now I need to do the math and make the cuts... not huge, just inconvenient I know I'll have more respect for it this way... But now I need to "fit it in" :).

I think IIRC the original was made from Balsa with Styrene sheathing... maybe I'll go that route... hmmm...

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back