What's the best software to have on my PC to play Star Wars Bluray?

cking

Sr Member
Hi everyone,

I had to get a new PC and decided to have a BluRay player added onto it. I only had the trial version of PowerDVD 11, but that wouldn't play Flash Gordon or Thor discs which I'd got so I downloaded some free players which work fine but I can't get anything to play the Star Wars Trilogy BluRay discs. :cry

I'd be grateful if anyone who has a PC with BluRay player can point me in the right direction of which software I need to download so I can play the Star Wars discs.

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Try TotalMedia Theatre 5 (TMT5). I use TMT3 and can play them without issue, but I do know that a lot of people had problems with SW which appears to be hardware related not software issues. They have a trial to download if it isn't one of the ones you have already tried. You could also try using AnyDVD HD (21 day trial available) in tandem with the software player which may help in certain cases (removing the BD protection on the fly).

Happy New Year! :cool

Thanks Paul!

I downloaded the TotalMedia Theatre 5 and it worked perfectly. Great to be able to see these BluRays at last!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Try TotalMedia Theatre 5 (TMT5). I use TMT3 and can play them without issue, but I do know that a lot of people had problems with SW which appears to be hardware related not software issues. They have a trial to download if it isn't one of the ones you have already tried. You could also try using AnyDVD HD (21 day trial available) in tandem with the software player which may help in certain cases (removing the BD protection on the fly).

Happy New Year! :cool

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back