Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany THANK YOU ALL !! last update 01/11/13

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany HELMET PAINTED LIGHTS UP

The helmet looks fantastic davy. The finish line is not so far away now :thumbsup

Awesome work , lovin the updates to this thread. The helmet looks stunning in that shot with the uppers.

This suit looks amazing so far! Keep up the great work!
thank you very much peter parker :)

wow! nice suit! can I say, i pretty much hate you for how awesome that thing has come out... i am such a jellyfish....
thx helagak be cool you can build the same ;)

great build, im speechless, David
thx

Nice! Can't wait to see the final product. I just have a little more wiring to do for my 2nd suit for helmet servos and I think I'll be ready for a suit up tonight. Can't wait to see your suit up!
thank you i hope is not more so long to finishing it.

The helmet looks fantastic davy. The finish line is not so far away now :thumbsup
thx chris !!! you voice control is realy bad ass !!!

Awesome work , lovin the updates to this thread. The helmet looks stunning in that shot with the uppers.
thx steve, you build is great too !!!

Great job man that looks awesome!
thank you michael

Davy, great job on your suit!!
thx hatman , the end is comming :p

Neckseal is done i had used rubber for casting it , paint is NO cracking !!! works all fine here are pictures and video :
IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany Neckseal painted video added

What kind or rubber?? That looks so great and flexible too! As usual, awesome work!!

Really nice David. I am most impressed by the paint not cracking at all, a fantastic result. :):thumbsup

CONGRATULATIONS for a job well done my friend... simply AMAZING!!! :):thumbsup

David, That is great! Your work continues to be an inspiration for me. I love the flexibility on the neck seal.

Thank you very much my friends. the end is nearly comming i hope finaly in 4 weeks :D
Have the covers for elbows, fingers forearm and legs done , go to mold them next week :
IMAG0602.jpg

Re: Iron Man Mark 4/6 from Germany covers in progress

Thx i start first the molding of it next week , i wehre using some pu rubber for it , and it makes no problems when i wearing it.

Nice work Davy. I've been trying to figure out what you've used here but don't have any idea.

Davy, what product/brand did you use to mold the neck seal, and what type/brand of rubber did you use to cast?

have done the covers for the arm. i think the design is ok and it looks more movie accurate , i add a video of moving arm sry for the bad video qiality light was not so good :D :
IMG_5957.jpg

Last edited:

Hi i used this rubber Alles op het gebied van kunstharsen, glasvezels, kitten, lijmen en coatings in de webwinkel van Poly-Service. PU Rubber PS 160 2 kg set have Import it from netherland in Germany i cant buy it. For my molds i used all the same tfc silikon but it have no brand its Home brand from my silicon supplier. Shore harded is 30 its cheaper as some others but the quality is realy ultra High.

Thanks davy! When you casted the neck seal, did you brush on the rubber in mutiple layers, or rotocast it? Also, did you use the same paints as the rest of your suit? I have heard of problems trying to paint rubber pieces. Thanks.

Thanks davy! When you casted the neck seal, did you brush on the rubber in mutiple layers, or rotocast it? Also, did you use the same paints as the rest of your suit? I have heard of problems trying to paint rubber pieces. Thanks.
I make 2-3 layers with a brush into the mold but you need to watch at the shore harded what you want to use. its same paint what i have used for my suit yes.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back