The LARGE Terminator CPU Chip project - needs a builder.

I'd definitely say they are chamfered edges going by this photo.........

TermiChip004-1.jpg

Does anyone have any better photos of where the ribbon cable attaches? :confused

Remember 1 box has a slide out drawer with the square red chips seen in the special edition only. They are lined up in the drawer and at the end is a serial port.

Those red square chips are not that important in this build. I don't think any of the boxes will have a slide out drawer.

I did some more math. There are 16 edge blocks. I have not done much molding, but how many pulls can you get from a mold?

I'd love the slide out drawer with the chips inside but I understand it would be a crazy amount of work added to an already time consuming project. I can live without it but it would be a fantastic addition for display purposes.

The more detail added the higher the final price. My prop guy can pretty much do it any way you want it but for hollow boxes and machined lock nuts with carbon FIber connecting rods with a pull out drawer and chips would more than likely run at around £1000 per order. There are about 160 nuts and the 3 different blocks.
The cheapest way would be to make solid resin blocks mixed with a filler to lighten the weight and off the shelf lock nuts.

I am already seeing this thing displayed under a toughened safety glass case and being used as a coffee table in my home theatre. I know this project needs to be researched more in both detail and production cost but I would like to see a price for.......

1: An all out/money no issue/screen accurate 1:1 scale version including all the bells and whistles like the drawer/internal boards/ribbon cable etc

2: A cheaper version

Either way...I'm definitely up for one of them.

:confused :D

I don't have those, those are from Terminator files.

Terminator 2 production made chips original / screen-used production material from Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

23h7rsn.jpg

:confused

T2SF said:
You will receive 8 chips total. 4 large chips (1st picture). The chips have different patterns. And yoy get 4 of the acid etched chips. $125 shipped.

They were made by Don Penningtons FX studio. I don't think they were screen used as I remember seeing the screen used chips for sale some time back but they are the exact same chip and material. The metal chips I'm not too sure on. They seem to resemble the CPU brain chip but other than that I don't think they got any screen time, they are both however production made. And I love Don Penningtons work! I'm going to frame a set for myself. Screen grabs on the bottom.

mr33ol.jpg

aw8hsm.jpg

n6i6d.jpg

250thqq.jpg

The more detail added the higher the final price. My prop guy can pretty much do it any way you want it but for hollow boxes and machined lock nuts with carbon FIber connecting rods with a pull out drawer and chips would more than likely run at around £1000 per order. There are about 160 nuts and the 3 different blocks.
The cheapest way would be to make solid resin blocks mixed with a filler to lighten the weight and off the shelf lock nuts.

Solid resin would be more expensive, hollow with foam filler would be less expensive and lighter. They wouldn't need CF rods, you could easily cover PVC or metal tube with CF cloth to give the look without the added cost.
There are also some damn nice CF decals that would look good

Solid resin would be more expensive, hollow with foam filler would be less expensive and lighter. They wouldn't need CF rods, you could easily cover PVC or metal tube with CF cloth to give the look without the added cost.
There are also some damn nice CF decals that would look good

Actually hollow would be more expensive not for the materials but for the time it takes to make and construct them.

I'm learning sketchup and this looked like a fun build to practice on, i normally work in cm and mm so inches hurts my brain a little.

I've modelled the beveled edge wrong, i made it 0.375 down, not across the face of the bevel, i'll have to fix that.

I might add the draw and the parallel port too.

cyberdyne.jpg

Please keep carbon fiber out of this build ;) PVC will do just fine for the tubes, or metal tubes. Funny thing I'm confident I could build this but lining up the boxes perfectly would be a chore. I think perhaps one approach would be to drill the holes larger than needed and adjust the slotted nuts to each box on a large flat surface. I have access to a shopbot and a laser cutter so I was thinking mdf and I could drill the large holes or at least a starting hole.

Last edited:
Is the idea to have each rod being individual like...running 6 long rods (3 top/3 bottom) along each row which would help line up everything with smaller rods connecting each row the others?

Ooh good idea with longer rods. I'm thinking only the ends of the pipes could be threaded and the rest of of the slotted nuts could be glued on?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back