The Prisoner (1967) Village Map

Spence

I am gathering information to start creating a screen-accurate color map from the British TV show The Prisoner. Right now, I am collecting still images from my Blu-ray disc. The map was featured in the episode "Arrival."

I already searched the internet for information, but there wasn't much. All I have right now are screen-grabs.

Does anyone have any information that would help me with this project?

If all goes well, I plan on doing a limited run of the finished color maps.

Thanks for the link! It appears that map has some inaccuracies.

- The lettering on the cover does not appear to be in gold, like the original.
- The map's coloring is off, and the drawings are not entirely faithful to the original prop.
- I don't want my map to have notes and pictures on the reverse side.

I plan on ordering their map in order to see how it was folded. My map's graphics will be created from scratch.

Megamicrofish, thank you again for your help!

Funny thing is in the map only three place anyone can live is Number 6...

the old folks home and Number 2 home the green dome...

So were do all the villagers live??

Rich

I've wondered that as well. After Christmas, I will start figuring out the dimensions of the map and the cover. Again, if anyone has any more information regarding this prop, please let me know.

i had a map that i bought from the village when i visited it a few years ago im sure of it...
such a strange place and was very weird walking around it.
number 6`s house was the gift shop iirc

Update: I recently acquired a map found in the DVD box set of The Prisoner released in 2006. It appears to be more accurate than previous replicas. Does anyone know if there is any information regarding the map in the new Blu-ray release?

Just bought the Blu-ray release. I have my hands on two semi-accurate replicas. I'm planning on recreating the entire map on Illustrator. Ultimately, I would love to do a run of these.

Guess what I've been working on?

ColorMapCollage.jpg

I've finally gathering up all the screenshots. Now I'm trying to figure out the dimensions of the map. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

That's eight folds from left to right, one fold top to bottom. So folded up, the map would be 4"x8". The folder looks to be another 1/2" all around; if that's so, then the folder would be 5"x9".

Last edited:
Based on the screenshots I've done this cover up as a vectorized graphic, if you'd like it. Let me know.

Last edited:
Small adjustment. Further study tells me the map is 32"x15", and the cover 8"x4.5".

Also, 9 vertical folds in the map, one horizontal fold.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back