Netflix Recommendations Thread

FDR: American Badass, despite having a decent cast, this is as cheap looking as it gets and funny as all hell. Very silly, ridiculous, etc., on purpose.

I sure its been recommended before but Marvels Dare devil is solid. Sometimes series fall into a familiar episode formula. Daredevil mixes it up and keeps it fresh.

FDR: American Badass, despite having a decent cast, this is as cheap looking as it gets and funny as all hell. Very silly, ridiculous, etc., on purpose.
Did you just see it? I cannot find it listed and when I Googled it I found a post saying it was removed about a year ago.

Has anyone else seen Bone Tomahawk? Watched it last night and I have to say it was one of the strangest films I've ever seen. Dead slow for long stretches and then jolts of horrible violence. It looked good and had solid acting by Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson, and others. Way too long for the story. Frankly, I'm not sure if I liked it or not.

Wondered what other people thought.

I thought it was great!
I loved the dialog, and Richard Jenkins blew me away.
I didn't even know that was him until the end credits, then I had to watch the whole movie again just to watch his performance.
It's too bad it's a quirky horror-western, 'cause Jenkins' role was Oscar worthy, imo.

I watched it the other night. I really liked it. Kind of a strange mash up of genres, but I like that kind of stuff. The cast was amazing. Even Matthew Fox managed to give a good performance. I won't spoil anything, but I cringed during a couple scenes. You guys know what I'm talking about.

Definitely top shelf acting and very smart dialog.

But it starts off with these two bits of extreme violence and the it slows to a snail's pace. The section of them riding and then walking must have been 30 minutes of almost nothing but talk and then it goes from 1st gear to fourth completely skipping the others. I thought it definitely could have used trimming. You easily could have cut 20 minutes out of it. An interesting film though.

so to clarify, this is the NETFLIX dvd rental of bone tomahawk, for all us that are still rocking the "streaming" its NOT available. :(

I've been chipping away at Person of Interest and I'm really digging it. Turbo Kid was pretty entertaining for what it is.

to compete with red box etc they offer a "mail it to ya" d.v.d. rental service for an extra 8-9 bucks a month. but some GOOD NEWS.... apparently Netflix has made a deal with Disney!! all the star wars movies inc ep7 will be available (mid year), plus Disney has acquired the rights to marvel, so in the same deal apparently all the marvel movies will be available also. NETFLIX is gonna rock!! :popcorn

well from what I was told bye netflix is that "there now going global". you go from the u.s. to Egypt and want your Netflix on your laptop etc..... its gonna be there. plus the info I just posted. they just did a price increase in the last year or so, so I doubt there gonna raise it again so soon. AND they have been able to "cut out the middle man". so I just say WOO HOO!

"John Dies at the End" is still available. Re-watched it last night.So is "Odd Thomas", a slightly similar film.

woo hoo! just checked my Netflix and now we got BLADERUNNER, SCARFACE and RUNNING SCARED with paul walker, its pretty damn good. :thumbsup adding to my watch list!!

Finding Vivian Maier.

Just saw this last night on an insomnia-induced whim and just fell in love with it. I'm a sucker for folk artists and have a great appreciation for stories of the down-trodden and, generally, anything associated with (what I've heard called) "English Romanticism". It's either the story of someone at the bottom, rising to the top, and losing everything and falling back to the bottom; dying in the gutter they crawled from, or someone who started in life with nothing, had nothing, and died with nothing, only to be discovered to be a genius posthumously. This documentary is about the latter. She was an unassuming, though eccentric and awkward, nanny that took somewhere around 150,000 beautiful photos that were never published and were only recently found, through luck, by a young man.

It's a really good documentary about this oddball woman with an eye for the camera and is easily one of my favorite films about anybody, let alone an unknown folk artist, that rivals another documentary on a similar posthumous "artist", Henry Darger. I, too, recommend seeing the documentary on him called, In the Realms of the Unreal.

I think I'm gonna give it another watch tonight.:D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back