Hellraiser Puzzle Box

Hyperion Rail

I'm sure you guys have seen these before but I'm quite proud of mine.

Hr23.jpg

Obviously a replica, not a stage prop but I included that last photo because of the bell jar display I made for mine. Also the Freddy Glove on top is just the Rubies costumes "cheaper" metal model and not the NECA one that just came out, tho I'm hoping to pick that one up eventually.

The Cube is from Hellraiser Puzzle Box Sales and Gallery. Lament Configuration Movable working puzzle boxes. Unique Versions of Philip LeMarchand Lament Configuration and the expensive model made from real wood and brass. The thing is beautifully done and tho it fell apart once, the guy let me ship it back and have it fixed and it looks immaculate again. I love having this on display in my house (tho it's locked away for now due to a silly reason I can't explain) because when people come over and see it, knowing what it is, they suddenly become fixated on it. I once had a friend over who was a fan of the movies and when he saw it he was scared of it. I offered to let him hold it and he backed away all shaking his head. :lol

All picking on him aside, i've NEVER attempted to "do the motions" from the films in fear I may ACTUALLY solve the box. lol. Also I don't like to handle it for fear of it falling apart again. I strongly recommend this thing to anyone, it's just so pretty. I wish someone would make a replica of the Leviathan configuration for me to purchase.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Totally new to the forum.
I registered as I have a NECA Lament Configuration prop replica with display case and signed COA limited to 500 pieces worldwide (as im sure you know)
Just wondering how much this is worth these days? Cant find any for sale or available online!!
Not selling just curious :)
Thanks

That is -exactly- what I wanted to do with my freddy glove when get a puzzle box display, heh. I love it. :thumbsup

Mine was given to me, with a note saying, "It's yours, It always was."
Not many people touch it, much less pick it up.

You can find a few reviews on the Hellbound Web. Dead slow forum compared to the RPF (what isn't?) but there are posts from people who've had the boxes long-term. You can probably find more if you dig through their archive as well.

Puzzleboxmaker.com and hellraiserpuzzlebox.com are the two that come up the most these days and I've heard mostly good. I don't personally own one though.

I own the Screamin plastic box, a NECA, a couple junk boxes from I don't know where, and one from Pyramid Gallery. The Screamin is cheap plastic, it's the wrong scale, but it's a cute costume banger. Stay away from the NECA unless you see it first hand or there are detailed pics of it out of the box. That $500 NECA on the bay has been there forever. They rarely go for anywhere near that price due to notorious quality issues. Poor finish and likely uncured wood meant the panels lifted a lot. If you get a rare one with no lift, I'd keep it environment controlled. All makers have to contend with the metal panels wanting to expand/contract at a different rate than the wood. The NECA seems particularly bad at it.
There was a run of 2500 and a run of 500 "limited" ones. Pretty sure it was the same boxes for both, but the limited one included a signed certificate from the original box maker for the movies and a glass display. They may have done some initial quality sorting as well, because it appeared to some people that the panel lift occurred even before the finish was dry. Mine was one of the 2500. I think I paid 50 bucks and it has sporadic lift. I also had a second one that had panels peeling almost completely off right out of the box. Paid about 30 for that one unseen because I just wanted a project box.

The ones from Pyramid are beautiful, but they are solid etched and painted brass panels, not acid etched-through brass over wood. Mine is one of the music boxes you wind by turning the disc on the priapus panel. Cool and creepy, and Pyramid definitely works to keep them true to the themes of the mythos. Just be aware that you are buying an art piece, not prop authentic.

Who makes the best box replica?

I am impressed by both:

www.thepuzzleboxmaker.com

and

www.hellraiserpuzzlebox.com

I own one from The Puzzle Box Maker. Excellent craftsmanship. Mine is signed on all sides by Doug Bradley, Ashley Laurence, Nicholas Vince, Barbie Wilde, Simon Bamford, and Clive Barker.

Funny story - When I flew to Florida to get Clive's signature on it, TSA pulled me aside for further screening because they couldn't figure out what it was on the x-ray. They sat there staring at it for a good 5 minutes on the screen before they decided that they should make sure I wasn't trying to blow up the plane. Clive got a kick out of it.

Pretty sure it was the same boxes for both, but the limited one included a signed certificate from the original box maker for the movies and a glass display. They may have done some initial quality sorting as well, because it appeared to some people that the panel lift occurred even before the finish was dry.

I don think so. I have one of the limited signed ones and the brass is lifting all over the place. I have been trying to think of a way to fix it but have not figured out anything yet :cry. If anyone has successfully fixed one of these let me know how you did it.

I don think so. I have one of the limited signed ones and the brass is lifting all over the place. I have been trying to think of a way to fix it but have not figured out anything yet :cry. If anyone has successfully fixed one of these let me know how you did it.

Actually, come to think of it I'm having issues with the brass lifting off as well.

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but this is how I built my box and affixed the panels. I used clear wood varnish to attach my panels. I painted one side with the clear varnish and then layed my panel in place while it was still wet. I let this sit over night. I did each panel that way. Once all panels were attached, I covered the whole thing in clear varnish. This helped to secure the panles down and prevented oxidation of the brass.

You may be able to apply some varnish under your lifted panel and then set that side down on a piece of wax paper. Put a few books on top to apply pressure. Leave it overnight. When dry, coat the whole box with another coat of varnish.

I'm not sure if this will help at all, but this is how I built my box and affixed the panels. I used clear wood varnish to attach my panels. I painted one side with the clear varnish and then layed my panel in place while it was still wet. I let this sit over night. I did each panel that way. Once all panels were attached, I covered the whole thing in clear varnish. This helped to secure the panles down and prevented oxidation of the brass.

You may be able to apply some varnish under your lifted panel and then set that side down on a piece of wax paper. Put a few books on top to apply pressure. Leave it overnight. When dry, coat the whole box with another coat of varnish.

NECA could take lessons from you.

Here's a crappy pic of my Hellraiser setup. One of my schematic frames broke and I'd like to add a higher res pre-Pinhead pic but this is it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back