Working on a Satyr costume.

Very cool work!
There are a few furry cosplayers who do quadsuits and create the illusion of legs facing the wrong way simply by inserting suitable foam padding.

The example that springs to mind for me is this video: Wolf Link Quad Suit - Progress 1 - YouTube
This shows you the 'bare bones' underneath parts of the fursuit they used. Perhaps the rear legs could be useful for what you're trying to achieve further up the leg from just the 'hoof'? I really love how sturdy yours look :) I own a pair of the aforementioned "hoof boots" which I am converting into a pair of long fall boots from Portal, and am intrigued to see how well yours balance!

Excellent work! :)

Yeah, I've seen alot of the padded forms of making this style leg, but in Arizona (where I live) the added heat of these is unbearable.

I will also make a Wolfman form of these after I work out all the kinks in the design. The "hoof" section will come in two sizes so far, large and medium, but if it really takes off I'll do more.

So I have been a little lax in keeping this updated, but the project does continue on.

100_1277.jpg
100_1278.jpg
100_1279.jpg
100_1280.jpg

So I have one hoof for large size and one for medium size complete, know working on the modular heel cup that will fit either hoof size.

i have a pdf for weta type legs if your interested i can send you the specs and what we have avalaible you can recreate the weta legs for under 200 pm me if interested

This project isn't dead!

Ok, so it's been awhile since I added updates, but that's not because there hasn't been, just haven't done it. Been busy with new job training, new schedule, and life in general.

So on to the updates!

I wanted a horn and ear style similar to this:

So I started with a set of domestic ram horns I got from a friend and did these.

And so I don't have to apply a wig or "movie makeup" I also added an aviator style cap to cover my head, styled like this:
001804_01.jpg
but to fit my horns and ears, of course.

My cap so far...

So I keep working on it, slowly but surely.

Few more updates...

Headpiece has been re-done. The previous vinyl was puckering to much for me, and didn't "lay" right.

And started building up on the hoof shoe a little more.

Any comments, suggestions, or whatever? 2 cents

And more updates. It's been a good weekend.

Right now just working on the exterior so I can mold and replicate it. The interior will be part foam-fill and part a SCUBA boot. Like these...

107_boots_with_sole_2.jpg

So I got my lost patterns back so I got started on the right side hoof shoe.

Also, I was pondering what kind of weapon this character should carrying and decided a crossbow! Not just a normal, boring crossbow though, why not a steampunk mechanical one powered by springs?

So been a little sidetracked while working on that. Helps pass the time waiting on my sewing friend to make my cloth parts for me (a skill I don't have, sewing.)

I need to solicit some opinions please.

What color "fur" should my satyr have?

I'm looking for something that looks natural, "real", and will match my skin tones.

Fabric Depot

Options

1. African Mongolian Faux Fur - Beige and Brown Fabric Depot
  2. African Mongolian Faux Fur - Grey & Black - Fabric Depot
  3. Arctic Fox Faux Fur - Black Fabric Depot
  4. Arctic Fox Faux Fur - Brown Fabric Depot
  5. Arctic Fox Faux Fur - White with Brown Tip Hairs Fabric Depot
  6. Blond Fox Faux Fur Fabric Depot
  7. Buffy Faux Fur - Brown Fabric Depot
  8. Buffy Faux Fur - Camel Fabric Depot
  9. Desert Fox Faux Fur - Brown Fabric Depot
  10. Desert Fox Faux Fur - Gold Fabric Depot
  11. Desert Fox Faux Fur - Grey Fabric Depot
  12. Husky Faux Fur - Russian Colorway Fabric Depot
  13. Husky Faux Fur - Siberian Colorway Fabric Depot
  14. Island Raccoon Faux Fur Fabric Depot
  15. Mongolian Fur - Caramel Fabric Depot
  16. Mongolian Fur - Gray Frost Fabric Depot
  17. Moose Faux Fur - Brown & Black Fabric Depot
  18. Mountain Coyote Faux Fur - Brown Fabric Depot
  19. Panther Faux Fur - Black Fabric Depot
  20. Shag Faux Fur - Camel Fabric Depot
  21. Silver Coyote Faux Fur Fabric Depot
  22. Wolf Faux Fur - Brown & Black Fabric Depot

Last edited:
Made some more progress in the last few days. Thought I'd make an update here.

Worked more on getting the ears completed.

And on the aviator cap.

This is outstanding! Beautifully done. Those ears look so real.

Are the boots and hooves comfortable?

That jacket is gorgeous too- I can't wait to see all of this put together!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back