Working on a Satyr costume.

More updates.

Ears are nearly complete, and ready to add the horns on.

Also stitched a bit more of the aviator cap that the ears and horns will attach to. (Now just waiting on the horns themselves to get back)

So I thought I'd share a little more.

Decided that my character needs some sort of medal to wear, so I designed this one in MS Paint.
attachment.php

And finished making this last night.
attachment.php

I may redo the ribbon, as I'm not sure I like it or not.

Any comments, upgrade suggestions or questions? Feel free to reply, I like the feedback.

Decided that instead of a chin strap on my aviator cap, I'd add a breather mask. Started on Sunday afternoon (8/26), nearly finished Tuesday night (8/28).

Added a "Polar Cooling layer", both filters dust from air, and cools it around your face as well!

Here's how the straps attach to the aviator cap.

You can see the strap hanging just under the ear.

So for a bit of protection, I am planning to use "turtle shells" as pauldrons for my shoulders.

295110_10151080657898551_519274946_n.jpg

That is a plaster "snake hide cave" I found on clearance at a pet shop. Good size and shape, but way too heavy. So I got a vacuum-formed copy and started sculpting in the detail.

Once I finish sculpting it I'll get a quick mold made and roto-cast a pair.

More updates on my turtle shell shoulder guards as well.

And yes, even doing the shell underside anatomically correct. :facepalm

Hmmm... and what shall this become? :confused:love

Last edited:
Your photos aren't showing, but Photobucket has not been working for me all day.... right after dcon too. grrrrr.....

Started working on my wrist communicator device.
So far it will be a static prop, but leaving it somewhat hollow for future upgrades.

Some of my workspace mess.

Your stuff looks great! I've got a partial satyr costume that I'm dying to finish. You've given me some great ideas, and can't wait to see you finish.

Your aviator cap with horns immediately made me think of Tim 'the enchanter'. LOL Keep up the great work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back