Ackbar, it's a trap!!! finished costume !!

Re: Ackbar, it's a trap!!! Mask and gloves wip......

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, how are you supporting the extra head space? I would think that the ecoflex would sag around the back of the head and such where the head cast wouldn't be.

thanks.
'
i rotocasted resin in the top and back of the head and used a foam bike helmet so it could be worn.

yep, fighting with movie accurate eyes, once that is figured out, which i am close we will have a finished mask. i am sculpting the hands now.

here are the hands.......i had real trouble trying to find shots of the palm of the hands and the display hands were in bad shape so it was hard to tell what was damage and what was part of the sculpt.

PALM reference....
004-115.jpg

001-131.jpg

here is what i came up with for the hand sculpt. i have alittle bit of work left on them and they will be completed... these will be molded soon.

006-77.jpg

001-130.jpg

and here are the eyes, still need paint and everything but they are pretty and the are crystal clear!!!! these are the accurate size.

hope to have a completed ackbar soon. so stay tuned and thanks for looking!!!!

005-97.jpg

Re: Ackbar, it's a trap!!! Mask and gloves wip......gloves sculpted

thanks guys.

hope to mold the hand this week and hope to have casting next week sometime, the animatronics are being done as we speak!!!

Love the hand sculpts, great attention to detail.

Watched the test fit video and it surprised me as to the size of the mask. Didn't really consider it being that big. Great work brother, eagerly awaiting to see the animatronics.

thanks, man.

well, ackbar has a big non-human head. i think alot of folks make ackbar too small. looking at behind the scene footage he had a big head and big set of hands...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back