GI JOE 2: Retaliation: Snake Eyes Costume Info Thread

Every once in a while I hit eBay and consider buying a used buy complete 25th anniversary Vamp with Clutch and one of the new release Snake Eyes figures to have on my computer desk. Then I remember I have a 3 year old son and I know for a fact that they would sit on the desk undisturbed for a matter of seconds before they'd transition from my toys to his. :D

Wow, that one figure looks pretty accurate. Is that the 12-inch figure?

pretty sure that's a 3.75" figure. Unless they are by Sideshow, the 12" variety usually leaves quite a bit to be desired...

some more toy shots:

(It looks like Zartaan will be coming w/ a translucent Snake Eyes head along with an undead looking Storm Shadow head.. :confused

I agree. I will have to also by one for my daughter, :behave. I would say son but I don't have a son and that would be lying :lol

Here's a cap of his new sword, I'm liking the design, hope someone puts this baby out!
snakeeyessword.jpg
Agreed! As the man once said...

dbuythatforadollar.png

:love

I love this picture! It's an amazing looking suit. Definitely an improvement from the first movie. This will help with my costume build! Thanks for posting the pic!

How cool would a fully functional, bang on accurate licensed movie replica uniform...complete with mask/helmet be?:love
I think it would be uber cool.

...and as such we'll make the official license announcement, product type and various details public in the next few weeks.
:cool

David

new shot of Snake Eyes posted over on totalfilm.com
Excellent view of armor and webbing

exclusive-g-i-joe-2-image-revealed-98097-1000-100.jpg

David ... you are my hero!! Absolutely fantastic news... and I agree with that picture above being a fantastic improvement over the first movies. Wulongti, BIG Thanks for posting this!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new Robo-Bat-Biker-Ninja....

Upon further looking, the phrase "Dead or alive, you are coming with me" came to mind.

The old costume (as seen below) is by no means perfect, but I feel that in comparison, the facial features and musculature of the old costume give a more dramatic look/feel.

SnakeEyeslive.jpg

I think the new one looks cheaply done - the motorcycle helmet for example (at least they used and Arai helmet) looks terrible...and it looks like they took a really wide piece of electrical tape and muzzled him.

11924-capture.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the movie. It seems a lot more rooted to the 80s Joe's that I love.

How cool would a fully functional, bang on accurate licensed movie replica uniform...complete with mask/helmet be?:love
I think it would be uber cool.

...and as such we'll make the official license announcement, product type and various details public in the next few weeks.
:cool

David

David,

You ROCK!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back