Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

The ABC Warrior on display in Manchester was supposed to able to stand up and talk but they never got it going reliably for the con. FB_IMG_1485422910636.jpgFB_IMG_1485422978169.jpgFB_IMG_1485422996761.jpg

Ha ha found another one! I can't tell what language it is maybe someone can help? It's another wearable suit but this time with LEDS!!!!

http://www.ledrobotshow.com/robots.html

abc-robot3_orig.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

On another note I've started making and remaking parts for my own ABC robot. I've pretty much chucked everything I've made up to this point and am just using it as reference. I'll try and get a pic up soon

Last edited:
Compared to something like a T-800 Endoskeleton, these guys are uber-complicated.

Rob

Yeah there's a lot going on underneath the armour pieces. As far as I can tell there are four actuators from the hips to the bottom of the chest. Then some more from about the middle of the stomach area to the bottom of the head. Then there's a bunch of cables and crap all over the place.

I think I'm going to fabricate fake actuators and fix him in place.....maybe.....

Very nice work

Thanks Best that pile of plastic represents most of the parts need to make the legs pieces up to the knees! I'm working on the thighs at the moment but I've had to make lots of forms for the legs so far. Once I get above the hips there should be less parts to make for each area of the robot. I'm going to try and make the thing up to the hips and at least get that bit put together :)

annnnnd here's another one I found on a twitter feed.

granite city comic con.jpg

Another wearable suit which brings the total up to about 5 or 6 suits . It's been built to fit a person without any risers so the look has been interpreted somewhat but the head looks really nice very well made

Last edited:
i can hear my 3d printer calling to me... i might need a few more if i want to make a full sized one, but wow that would be one hell of a project... one day...

i can hear my 3d printer calling to me... i might need a few more if i want to make a full sized one, but wow that would be one hell of a project... one day...

I hear you Jay it's a hard build to shake off once you get started. A 3d printer would be invaluable especially for making the guts of the robot. When (if) I get to that point I might give you a yell :)

I've nearly vac formed all the pieces to get the legs done up to the hips. Only got the back of the thighs left to finish shaping up then I'll try and build something up to see how it looks. Not much time for the ABC at the moment though

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back