Judge Dredd ABC warrior references

Was in M10 today. They have 10mm and 12mm aluminium tubes, both with 1mm wall, and the 10mm looks like it will nest inside the 12mm OK. About $6 for a 600mm length.

cheers Blax nice one that should work perfectly. I've not made any progress on the swivels joints yet but hopefully I'll find something at some stage.

I've drilled out the jaw for the teeth. I ended up using m6 bolts which look a bit big to me but the other alternative was m5 bolts and the heads on those are way too small. So I might have to look around more for something imperial maybe.

I've marked up the head for scribing. Overall I've pretty happy with how the head's looking but I did find a few more places that needed tightening up like the hairline, lower right eye socket and the upper mouth

20160528_160148 (634x640).jpg

Last edited:
finally got the scribing done on the head. managed to muck it up in a few places so time for a bit more bog!

Next up will be to find some small flat head bolts for the sides of the head and make the rear vent things

20160602_161026 (595x640).jpg

20160602_161036 (589x640).jpg

Last edited:
Oota - I have about 15 kg of bolts that have accumulated over the years, so don't go buying anything that's odd sized. Just let me know and I'll see if I've got anything that'll fit.

awesome thanks mate! Well for the teeth I ended up with an m6 bolt and it's too big; the head is 10mm across. The m5 bolt is I think 5mm across the head. Soooo if you have anything 7mm or so I reckon that will get it where it needs to be!

the other thing I'm looking for is a flat head bolt with an allen key type hole. Probably 5mm - 6mm for the sides of the head and the back. Anything you can manage would be most appreciated I can pay with stormtrooper bits? :)

ok last it for the head. I made the rear vent things on the back of the head. So that pretty much finishes that piece up aside from some final tidying up. I'm still tempted to drop this in silicone I'd love to do a hollow one with a cd tray mechanism.

20160605_085507 (640x628).jpg

Next up will be to make the eyes. I've got a template for the temple pieces but need to hunt down a Tamiya 1:35 Bradley for some key parts. I'm going to go old school on the eyes and fabricate them rather than laser cut :p

Last edited:
No luck finding those bolts, sorry. My mechanic mate suggests that an engineering supply place should be able to provide allan key cap screws right down to M4 or M5, and you could spin them in a drill if you wanted to file them down a bit.

ok small update. I added m4 flat head bolts to detail the head. I rescribed the line on the top of the head to be more accurate. I also fixed a couple of angles in the temple (I was way off) and thickened the eyebrows a bit. Finally I caved and used m5 hex bolts for the teeth. They look better that I thought they would so I'll stick with them.

Next stop is the eyeballs. I've get some pvc pipe and make rings. I reckon the eye rings are about 38mm to 40mm across.

20160611_123013 (640x517).jpg

Last edited:
Small? They've all added up to a large effect! :thumbsup

ha ha thanks Blax for the continued support in this rather odd build. It was fun few years ago when lots of people were making head and bits and pieces feels like I am late to the party but have to admit it's got me thinking about a full body build again. I've got an idea about how to produce the forms quickly and reasonably inexpensively I must be mad.

MEGAUPDATE: I finally found a piece of pvc the right diameter for the outside of the eye pieces :) ok so not a big deal but I can finally make some headway (no pun intended) with this build

20160621_175344 (640x360).jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to make an eye! It's a little uneven the next one I do should be better but I think it'll work out for the head. Ok not as accurate as laser cut but lots more fun

20160704_202044 (640x625).jpg

Ive got a bit of tidying up to do and it occurs to me that a good deal of this disc is hidden anyway. Next up will be to make an eyeball to go in it. I'll have to get some clear casting resin methinks

Attachments

• 20161223_132832.jpg
    20161223_132832.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back