Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Subscribe
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jun 12, 2016, 4:09 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #176

Small? They've all added up to a large effect!
    From
    New Zealand
    Jun 16, 2016, 3:34 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #177

Blaxmyth said: View Post
    Small? They've all added up to a large effect!

ha ha thanks Blax for the continued support in this rather odd build. It was fun few years ago when lots of people were making head and bits and pieces feels like I am late to the party but have to admit it's got me thinking about a full body build again. I've got an idea about how to produce the forms quickly and reasonably inexpensively I must be mad.
    From
    New Zealand
    Jun 21, 2016, 2:18 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #178

MEGAUPDATE: I finally found a piece of pvc the right diameter for the outside of the eye pieces ok so not a big deal but I can finally make some headway (no pun intended) with this build

From
    New Zealand
    Jul 4, 2016, 6:41 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #179

Finally got a chance to make an eye! It's a little uneven the next one I do should be better but I think it'll work out for the head. Ok not as accurate as laser cut but lots more fun

Ive got a bit of tidying up to do and it occurs to me that a good deal of this disc is hidden anyway. Next up will be to make an eyeball to go in it. I'll have to get some clear casting resin methinks
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jul 4, 2016, 2:58 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #180

oota goota said: View Post
    Next up will be to make an eyeball to go in it. I'll have to get some clear casting resin methinks
    Hey Oot!

I've got some 25mm diameter cabachons that might do if you're interested. 25mm wide, standing up about 8 to 10mm. Clear.
    From
    New Zealand
    Jul 4, 2016, 5:01 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #181

Blaxmyth said: View Post
    Hey Oot!

I've got some 25mm diameter cabachons that might do if you're interested. 25mm wide, standing up about 8 to 10mm. Clear.
    Hey man cool! Let me measure the eye disc up today I get back to you

Ok I totally had to google cabachon
    Last edited by oota goota; Jul 4, 2016 at 6:16 PM.
    From
    Virginia
    Jul 5, 2016, 7:23 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #182

oota, Great looking build, nice to see you back at it again.

If you are still looking for the swivel joints try searching for the Traxxas 1539R U-Joints Villain EX, they are about 12mm D and 26mm H
    Last edited by Smoke55; Jul 5, 2016 at 8:25 AM.
    From
    New Zealand
    Jul 9, 2016, 5:21 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #183

Smoke! Thanks man sorry I missed this post. thanks for the heads up (no pun intended) on the joints I'll follow that up. I've got some eyeballs travelling from Blax and I'm going to pick up a Bradley for parts so those joints will complete the package.

Pretty sure I'm going to mold the head now I'd like a light weight one to put some lights and maybe a cd tray in.

On another note I've still not completely given up on a full robot; it just wont go away! I've been looking at your build pics a bit, very impressive how quickly you put that thing together amazing!

Smoke55 said: View Post
    oota, Great looking build, nice to see you back at it again.

If you are still looking for the swivel joints try searching for the Traxxas 1539R U-Joints Villain EX, they are about 12mm D and 26mm H
    From
    Virginia
    Jul 10, 2016, 7:31 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #184

oota, It's not quite all together. Life as put a damper in getting it done, but as you stated this project just does not go away. I still need to get the fingers done and give it a paint (rust) job as well as mold and cast the head. I sculpted the head in three parts like the reference pics VinceVader provided with the intention of adding a CD tray and eyes that light up (red and amber) using leds. Even if I never put this thing on it looks pretty cool just standing in the corner of the room, it stands 260cm H and 132cm W with the shoulder armor on. The feet are 38cm W and 61cm long without the trailing arm and springs on the back.
    From
    New Zealand
    Jul 10, 2016, 8:51 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #185

Smoke55 said: View Post
    oota, It's not quite all together. Life as put a damper in getting it done, but as you stated this project just does not go away. I still need to get the fingers done and give it a paint (rust) job as well as mold and cast the head. I sculpted the head in three parts like the reference pics VinceVader provided with the intention of adding a CD tray and eyes that light up (red and amber) using leds. Even if I never put this thing on it looks pretty cool just standing in the corner of the room, it stands 260cm H and 132cm W with the shoulder armor on. The feet are 38cm W and 61cm long without the trailing arm and springs on the back.
    That's awesome!! If I ever get the thing finished I was contemplating a sit down/ deactivated version similar to the pawn shop in the film (Gigers?). It must look amazing up close
    From
    New Zealand
    Sep 4, 2016, 5:37 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #186

wow time flies. This arrived in the mail yesterday so I can begin to make the detail plates for the temples. It should give me an indication of how close in size I got too

I haven't had much time for the ABC recently but I'm hoping to get back to him in a few weeks or so. I'm in no rush with this guy who knows how long it will take!
    From
    New Zealand
    Sep 4, 2016, 5:44 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #187

Blax sent me a link to a making of on you tube. I think this is on the DVD of the film but I had a quick flick through and noticed at about 9:55 there's this relief carving of the ABC warrior behind Joss Williams. Ha! Just when you think there isn't anymore things to be found about this most awesome robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0ANonxenE
    From
    New Zealand
    Sep 7, 2016, 3:50 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #188

annnd here's a link to a very nicely customised ABC head and bust:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...n-room!/page16

looks great and been photographed really well. I think the owner is an rpf member....
    From
    New Zealand
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 3, 2017, 3:56 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #189

looks like maybe another wearable ABC out there?

http://mayaheine-jg.deviantart.com/a...rior-651543204
    From
    NE Florida
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 3, 2017, 4:07 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #190

looks like maybe another wearable ABC out there?

http://mayaheine-jg.deviantart.com/a...rior-651543204
    It's pretty darned cool!

Rob
    From
    New Zealand
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 4, 2017, 7:10 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #191

Ghostsoldier said: View Post
    It's pretty darned cool!

Rob
    agreed! Wish there were more pics of it.

well this thread is entering it's 6th year of life I still haven't finished a damned thing on the robot but maybe this year is the year!
    From
    NE Florida
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 5, 2017, 11:26 AM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #192

agreed! Wish there were more pics of it.

well this thread is entering it's 6th year of life I still haven't finished a damned thing on the robot but maybe this year is the year!
    Lol...I'm in the same boat, Oota...so many projects, too little time. I'm hoping to get some of them wrapped up this year, myself. I haven't even started an ABC project yet, but I hang out on this thread, to see what's going on, and mainly because I just love that big, ol' clunky guy!

Rob
    From
    New Zealand
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 5, 2017, 5:03 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #193

Ghostsoldier said: View Post
    Lol...I'm in the same boat, Oota...so many projects, too little time. I'm hoping to get some of them wrapped up this year, myself. I haven't even started an ABC project yet, but I hang out on this thread, to see what's going on, and mainly because I just love that big, ol' clunky guy!

Rob
    I hear you must resist taking on new projects till old ones are finished. Yeah me too it's still an awesome design and every year that passes seems to make him more and more old fashioned somehow which I really like.

Hey if I ever mould the head I might do a short run and help kickstart your ABC build
    From
    NE Florida
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 5, 2017, 7:39 PM - Re: Judge Dredd ABC warrior references #194

Hey if I ever mould the head I might do a short run and help kickstart your ABC build
    Lol...that would be too cool, Oota.

Rob