Death Star Tower/ siloh thinghy's.

jedimaster

Sr Member
Ok, so I've got some surplus Freuhauf tanker bits. So as I'm doing the turbo laser I may as well put these to good use. Problem being there's about 3 parts I can't I'd as yet. The wheel rims on top seem to be f1 but it's not the tyrell or 312 or m23 so I'm stuck on that. Also between the two towers is some kind of pipework. Upper and lower. Looks like a bunch of sprues to me but it seems to have a curved bottom on the lower one if that makes any sense. Here's a few pix.

Firstly this puc shows the rims on the top.

large-4.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_8025.jpg
[/IMG]

death-star-4.jpg
[/IMG]

These aren't very clear.
7002326b.jpg
[/IMG]

7000f5e8.jpg
[/IMG]

019b1889.jpg
[/IMG]

I've cast up the sealab parts already that go around one side of each tower.. Any help on the rest would be good.

Thanks simon.

I think I may be seeing Sealab in the centerwork there. Though I've been seeing Sealab everywhere since I got ahold of one. :behave

Craig

attachment.php

Hmm, you sure those rims arent 312b Simon? Ill grab a kit out later if you dont get to, ill also check my Matra, got a feeling itll be a cigar body type F1 kit.

lee

Hey, we could actually make a half-decent stab at those crane/gantries, now, too. Saturn V, Plastruct, and K123 Cabover...you're almost done!

Thanks Lee, yeah I'm waiting on the Honda f1 . Was kinda hoping it was that one.

Martyn, I think I know what the chasis rail is connected to on the crane also

Thanks ....simon.

Checked the Matra rims.They do look close,but I think the top lip may be to tall on the Matra rim.Lets see what Lee thinks.

Dave

Cool project. I've never seen (or maybe noticed) the small towers in some of the pics you're posting. Good job on ID'ing the parts!

I have never even noticed these things, Its always so refreshing to see something new, star wars related, that no one has attepted before or maybe like me never noticed before. Its things like this that will keep me interested for another 30 years.

Great project Jediaster.

PS: Love the Y wing in the background. Making progress on your other projects?

Regards

Ozzy

@Rob... Na man wish I could. There's not a lot a pix on these .

@scot.... Thanks... Not something I was itching to build but born out of having leftover bits and doing something with them.

@Ozzy ... Ya.....er..... Other projects. Hmmn.. Y wing almost done, waiting on aluminum armature for the shuttle, update next week. More stuff on it's way, gonna spend the next 12 months knocking it all on the head.

Simon.

As I understand it there are two diffErent Tamiya 1/35 hanomags. I have the one used on the 5 ft falcon. Does anyone have the other kit? If so could you take a pic of the Hull/bottom of the tank please.

Many thanks

Ozzy, i'm right there with ya. Until this thread was posted, I had totally missed these tanks.......always focused on the gun towers I suppose. :)

Thanks John but that's not the one. I already have that one, it's used on the 5 fter. It's a close match to the top section of the crane.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back