Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Genesis Device

JoeRalat

Hey everyone, I started a thread about this, but I was surprise that very little information is around about this prop. I was looking over the ST2 Dvd and seen that the blueprint was seen on the dvd. So I put it together and was hoped that someone has large photos of the Genesis Device.

GenD2.jpg

No don't build Genesis! You'll doom us all! Genesis doesn't work! In the wrong hands it'll bring universal armageddon! :cry

Well all right, here's what I got. :lol
wok-gen01.jpg

wok-gen02.jpg

wok-gen03.jpg

wok-gen04.jpg

Just a bunch of screen caps via Trekcore.. cleaned em up. Perhaps there's more out there!

Don't forget the big COMMIT light on the console. :)

k

No. No, you can't get away. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the photos!
I know one of the ST Magazines has the Control for the Genesis Device, when I find it I will post it in the thread.

I've never seen anyone tackle this before. Good luck - I'm sure you will find it is more complicated than you may think.

I would love to know what parts were needed to build this genesis device ,I would love to have that sitting beside my studio scale enterprise....

If anyone has any info on this kind of a project ,please share......

Get me the corect size of the clear case and I'll get you a cost on having it made. Glass, pyrex, lexan and some other "clear" mediums could be used. Same friend who made the glass for my Godzilla Oxygen Destroyer's could do this easy.

The blueprint in the first post has the dome as 8", I will use that to try to get the other measurements.

They might have started with an idea of 8" but it's bigger then that. Look at the picture with Bones and Kirk, DeForset Kellys head would fit inside the "cap" easy....Not Shatners though, his head might try to squezze in but his Ego would pop it out :lol
For my money I'd say, hmmm, more then 12" but less then 14"

They might have started with an idea of 8" but it's bigger then that. Look at the picture with Bones and Kirk, DeForset Kellys head would fit inside the "cap" easy....Not Shatners though, his head might try to squezze in but his Ego would pop it out :lol
For my money I'd say, hmmm, more then 12" but less then 14"

The 8 could be the radius so it could ned up being 16.

I added a new photo.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back