Tobin's Spirit Guide! (RESEARCH SIGN-UP POST 364!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tobin's Spirit Guide!

Well in the RGB, the book covers more than ghosts, and includes gremlins, witches, and other things that go bump in the night.

What's the legend?

That's my thought as well. Perhaps putting a spiritual twist on some of the classics like witches. :)

Lovecraftean Mythos creatures? the Encyclopedia Cthulhiana is a good resource for those.

You should also have a section on the games theory involved in a town of werewolves and vampires, and what happens if things get bitey.

This sounds like an great project. I'm looking forward to the end result. Good luck!

My GF agreed to help. She can help with South Asia and South America.

This has only just now popped up on my radar.

You folks will definitely want to check out the 6-episode BBC miniseries "Demons". The young Van Helsing and his crew consult various books in their vast library to reference underworld creatures. If I remember correctly, there were some really cool shots of the pages and creatures.

You might also be able to draw inspiration from Chaosium Games' "Call of Cthulhu" RPG supplements. They're quite nice for building a mental picture and feel of a region.

I've had a few people PM me asking if I'd like to add their goul to my Tobins.

I'm happy to fill my book up with them if they're good! I need as much info as possible about them though. Important items are:

-Place of origin (or place most commonly seen)
-Traits
-Visual description
-Accounts of encounters
-Any info on followers

So if you have one you'd like to send me feel free to fire off a PM with as much info as you can get!

My HOPE is to finish the book in time for Christmas next year. Halloween would be awesome but we'll see...

This thread will also serve as a public fire under my butt to get it done!

Make sure to include the were-chicken ; ) lol not a tobins without evil undead chickens

Were-chickens are nice and all but I tend to prefer poultrygeist myself.

How about entries for a haint, geist, or gast?

I don't know if you've checked the comics, but I seem to remember the GB comics (when they first came out - still sad that I lost the first edition badge :( ) had regular entries from Tobin's Spirit Guide with Egon's own notes as well. If you can get access to any of those it might be a good reference for you.

I'll have to look into the comics then! Sometime soon I'll post a list of entries that we're working on so that people can suggest additions.

My girlfriend will type a bunch of stuff once she's done with finals, she's actually pretty excited about this since it'll be a pretty legitimate reference book about the supernatural.

My girlfriend will type a bunch of stuff once she's done with finals, she's actually pretty excited about this since it'll be a pretty legitimate reference book about the supernatural.

AWESOME! If she could keep in mind:

-Place of origin (or place most commonly seen)
-Traits
-Visual description
-Accounts of encounters
-Any info on followers

That would be fantastic (I know not all those are applicable to all ghouls).

She definitely has all of that. One of my favorite is the traditional Japanese ghost that is a girl with her lower jaw ripped off. Apparently, in Japanese culture, wearing a veil over your mouth frightens people as it refers to this ghost.

She definitely has all of that. One of my favorite is the traditional Japanese ghost that is a girl with her lower jaw ripped off. Apparently, in Japanese culture, wearing a veil over your mouth frightens people as it refers to this ghost.

That sounds like just the thing we want in the book! :D

Alright folks, LONG post here...

Here's a list of things that go bump in the night from the various Ghostbusters sources that I believe warrant entries in the book:

Gozer the Gozarian
Azetlor the Destroyer (also known as Edmund Hoover)
Vigo
Djinn
Bigfoot
The Bird of Kildarby
The Ghost of Christmas Past
Werechicken
Lord Angus Kildarby
The Ghost of Christmas Present
Mee Krah
War
The Ghost of Christmas Future
The Ghostmaster
The Boogaloo
Famine
Malachai
Ulyoth
The Servant
Pestilence
Captain Jack Higgins
Borr
Spiderlegs
Death
Domovoi
Nurgoth
Makeoverus Lotsabucks
Charon
Ghouls
The Collector
Old One
Sir Bruce Sans Pitié
Goblins
Heck House
Unicorn
Water Elemental
Gorgar
Barrow Wight
Valkyries
The Ghost of Professor James Moriarty
Guggenheim
The Ghost of Casey Jones
The Color from Beyond Space
Kestrel
Chicoloni
Imp
Morgannan
Shifter
Foul Grungy
Nexa
Loki
Pozo
Kishnar
Undines
The Earps
The Harbinger of Ragnarok
The Judge
Anshar
Doc Holliday
Gremlin
The Prosecutor
The Slob
The Sleaze
The Foster Hearse Ghost
Banshee
Netherworld Jailers
The Glob
The Ghost of Harry Houdini
Siren
Black Bart
Spriggan
The Three Fates
Quoatle
The Undying One
Werewolf
Slimer
Count Von Blukenpurken
Marduk
Vampire
Aargon
Tiamat
Nathaniel Gregor
Watt
Ab Sai
The Wrath of Ta Odd
Drool
Hob Anagarok
Lothgar
Dib Devlin
Simon Quegg
The Grundel
Orlox
The Master of Shadows
The Dark Rider
Killerwatt
Uncle Horace
Arzun
Cathulhu
Ghash
Robo-Buster
Tolay
Shuggoth
Alpha Trolls
Paul Smart
Dragons
Deep One
Common Trolls
Mountain Trolls
Victor
He Who Walks for all Others
The Boogieman
Count Ivan Vostok
The Headless Horseman
The Sandman
The Phantom
The Unspeakable
Samhain
The Entity from Beyond
Boghound

POTENTIAL ADDED GHOULS:

Springheel Jack
4 Horseman of the Apocalypse
Valkyrie
Taranis
Baba Yaga
Tooth Fairies (Hellboy based)
Beetlejuice
Vashta Nerada (Shadow monsters from Dr. Who)

Any here that you think shouldn't be there based on a 1928 publishing date? Any that you think should be added?

This list obviously needs to be supplemented with other sources. I'm looking for real ghouls of the past as well as other fictional ones. Feel free to post your ideas! If you're able to give me details on the suggestion all the better!

Last edited:

You've got Louis Tully on there, did you mean to put Vince Clortho? Also Zuul and Evo Shandor are missing.

Last edited:

You've got Louis Tully on there, did you mean to put Vince Clortho? Also Zuul and Evo Shandor are missing.

Whoops, He must have been on a list a grabbed, removed now!

Ivo Shandor is still alive at the publishing date but he will be mentioned in the Gozer entry.

What do we think, should Vince & Zuul have their own entries or only be in the Gozer entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back