Tobin's Spirit Guide! (RESEARCH SIGN-UP POST 364!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tobin's Spirit Guide!

How about adding Springheel Jack to book? I can do some research and PM it to you. I always found it creepy. He was apparently some sort of boogeyman in 1800s London. He would leap around and shot blue flames out of his mouth is some stories I read.

One thing i might suggest is some renaming...would a book in the 20s refer to something as killerwatt? Most of the others seem ok, but that one stood out a bit.

One thing i might suggest is some renaming...would a book in the 20s refer to something as killerwatt? Most of the others seem ok, but that one stood out a bit.

Fair point. Most of these characters will have multiple names so I think "killerwatt" might be in there somewhere but I'd have to think of a better official name for the entry. :)

How about adding Springheel Jack to book? I can do some research and PM it to you. I always found it creepy. He was apparently some sort of boogeyman in 1800s London. He would leap around and shot blue flames out of his mouth is some stories I read.

Send me the info and he's in! :thumbsup

Just out of curiosity. Are you going to put traditional things in here as well? Like the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse, or the Viking great Serpent that comes with Ragnarok, and things of this nature? Just a thought. Later Brothers, T

Just out of curiosity. Are you going to put traditional things in here as well? Like the 4 Horseman of the Apocalypse, or the Viking great Serpent that comes with Ragnarok, and things of this nature? Just a thought. Later Brothers, T

Yep:

This list obviously needs to be supplemented with other sources. I'm looking for real ghouls of the past as well as other fictional ones. Feel free to post your ideas! If you're able to give me details on the suggestion all the better!

:)

That's cool as there are lots of cool subjects that could be listed. Ex. Valkyrie's, Fate's, Furies, Taranis (Celtic), Poltergists (general listings), Baba Yaga, Possession (different types), Demons, Angels, Ghost Lights, different gods pantheons (Egyptian, Greek, Indian, Norse, etc) are some additional things I have thought of recently. If I think of any more I will post them for you. Later, T

Started adding to the list. Keep 'em coming and if you're willing to send me research on your ghoul(s) I'll put you in the book somewhere as a thank you. :)

Protokev, if you can think of something clever for a Tooth Fairy entry give it a shot! :lol

Also, PM coming your way as one of the resident GB experts...

I've wanted a copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide since the '80s! This is great! Gonna follow this one. :D

If you're in need of more reference material, I would highly recommend A Dictionary of Angels including the fallen angels, by Gustav Davidson. It was compiled from a great many sources and is one of the best substitutes (for Tobin's) I could locate. Lots of history, and the appendices include stuff from some (supposedly) old grimoires.

You won't be disappointed! ;)

I've wanted a copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide since the '80s! This is great! Gonna follow this one. :D

If you're in need of more reference material, I would highly recommend A Dictionary of Angels including the fallen angels, by Gustav Davidson. It was compiled from a great many sources and is one of the best substitutes (for Tobin's) I could locate. Lots of history, and the appendices include stuff from some (supposedly) old grimoires.

You won't be disappointed! ;)

I'll look into it! :)

Added another suggestion to the list. The Vashta Nerada!

What about the tooth faites from " dont be afraid of the dark " ? Very usable

Lets notforget " the spider witch " from the gb videogame... Shes too cool to not include

Speaking of hell boy, Mike Mignola actually based a lot of his stories off of real myths, and legends. There are some really cool ghosts and goblins in there. If you're interested, I can see if I can get a list and try and get some background behind them.

Also, I'll be working on my war stuff for you ASAP.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Dan Aykroyd's father studied the supernatural and wrote at least one book about it. It was his interest that partially spawned the movie in the first place. If you can find it, it would likely be a valuable reference as I believe a lot of the stuff in the movie came from it.

Edit: Found it. His father is Peter Aykroyd and his book is "A History of Ghosts". I've not read it (yet) but as I understand his research influenced the movie a lot.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Dan Aykroyd's father studied the supernatural and wrote at least one book about it. It was his interest that partially spawned the movie in the first place. If you can find it, it would likely be a valuable reference as I believe a lot of the stuff in the movie came from it.

All I can find is the book he published in 2009 "A History of Ghosts"...

Wow, that one was published in 2009? I haven't read it yet. Wonder if he wrote anything before that or if it was just his interest in the supernatural that partially inspired the movie? In any event, it may have some good references. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back