Tobin's Spirit Guide! (RESEARCH SIGN-UP POST 364!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tobin's Spirit Guide! (NEW sample pic pg. 4)

No probs! I may have a few more coming too.
Here you go!

View attachment 110846
View attachment 110847

The photograph wasn't a great one as it was from a Victorian(?) piece of film with a magician.

Hope they're of some use!
Rich

Thank you! Victorian is perfect, this book was written in the 1920s so that's the type of material he would have used. I'm sure I can use those. :)

I love the idea of this project. As a life long GB, I've been waiting for something like this.
Questions, are you Including Ivo Shandor? Didn't see the name on the list...and Egon mentions finding his name in the book.
Shador started the gozer society in the 1920's.
Also may want to make a footnote on the Vigo page...*for more on Vigo reference MAGICIAN's MARTERS AND MADMEN

Ivo Shandor will be in there but if I'm not mistaken he shows up when they look up Gozer so he'll be in that article (likely the longest article in the book). I'll definitely have to put that footnote in there! Thanks! :thumbsup

Tobin's Spirit Guide! (More Images)

Here's a few more for you! Hope they're of some use!

View attachment 111073

View attachment 111074

View attachment 111075

View attachment 111076

View attachment 111077

All of these were from a book on Tarot. Death's image mainly, the final image is of Eliphas Levi's Goat of Mendes and was supposedly the idol worshipped by the Knights Templar (according to Eliphas). I'm sure anyone at Ray's Occult would be able to confirm this though!

It would be cool to sneak in the contributors real names somewhere into the book's text too, don't you think?

Rich

Last edited:
Re: Tobin's Spirit Guide! (More Images)

Thanks! Those are great, I'm sure they'll be of use. :D

It would be cool to sneak in the contributors real names somewhere into the book's text too, don't you think?

Indeed I plan on doing that for some folks, making them referenced witnesses etc. :)

Also should add a reference photo or a drawing of the the temple door prop.

Mike

Agreed. :)

I've decided as well to revisit how the pages look and are laid out so it can have a more vintage reference look.

I love this project. I sketched something up based on your list of images you needed. I decided to start with the tooth fairie from Hellboy 2. I have attached an image, if you think you can use it I'll give you a better image. I need to do a better scan, but you get the idea. I have more ideas, but haven't drawn them yet. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 111206

Great start! If you can manage to get it to look like an etching that would be awesome. :)

This project is going to be absolutely killer. I can't wait to see this when it's done. I'm going to want one for my bookshelf. LOL.

With all the effort going into this I'm hoping MANY people will want it on their bookshelf! :lol

I sincerely hope to get all the Ghostbusters to autograph my copy and give them one each. Who knows, if they ever make GB3 it could make it on set then it would be screen used! :cool

i havent read through the whole thread, but do you plan on including slenderman? hes been around for quite a while and apparently is seeing a lot of popularity lately due to some videogame if i read it correctly
also apparently the silent in dr who are inspired by slenderman

i havent read through the whole thread, but do you plan on including slenderman? hes been around for quite a while and apparently is seeing a lot of popularity lately due to some videogame if i read it correctly
also apparently the silent in dr who are inspired by slenderman

I'll have to check him out. Don't think I've ever heard of him!

Could you be more specific about what you want the illustrations to look like? I looked up "antique book illustrations" and they are all over the map. I looked at your sample images but they very too. If you give me a little guidance I can do some work on my illustration. Thank you.

Slenderman has been around since June 2009 from what I have found. I had not heard of him until this year and there seem to be some very strong opinions about his legitimacy as an urban legend because of the origin. On the upside, there is a modified 16th century woodcut.

Slender Man | Know Your Meme

Could you be more specific about what you want the illustrations to look like? I looked up "antique book illustrations" and they are all over the map. I looked at your sample images but they very too. If you give me a little guidance I can do some work on my illustration. Thank you.

Ya, the pics drawn by me were experiments, neither of which I liked. The style can be a little varied as these are supposed to come from many different sources but these should give you a general indication of "look":

6552575913_4162774f32_z.jpg

1855-3656-3.jpg

frankenstein3.jpg

ie: Black & white with no grayscale. Lots of lines. :)

Slenderman has been around since June 2009 from what I have found. I had not heard of him until this year and there seem to be some very strong opinions about his legitimacy as an urban legend because of the origin. On the upside, there is a modified 16th century woodcut.

This book is going to be FULL of potentially "illegitimate" spirits. No problem there. ;)

Thanks! I'll have to look that one up. Organic Mechanic also lent me his encyclopedia of the Occult and I recently purchased a book on British ghosts & hauntings.

I don't personally believe in any of this stuff but it is good reading. :) I hope to make my Tobin's come across the same way!

Hey there OB! I have been wanting to send you some stuff about the 8
Immortals, from Chinesse mythology. It's great stuff, and I know there has
to be a bunch of copyright free images.

I also found a few things I googled about China having a location, that walks you
through the process of the afterlife. It has stautes, temples, and figures depicting
your judgement, to torture. It also contains a "Hotel" sulpted in the mountains, along
with a bridge you would cross for your last process of judgment. It's really strange, cause
it's a tourist attraction! Not to mention (I think) it's over 600 years old! Very cool
Stuff. I could send you a link if you like, then if something needs to be rewritten for
copyright issues I think that would work.

Thanks! Looking forward to it. :)

I'm rewriting everything in the voice of "Tobin" so I'm not overly concerned about copyright. There may be a sentence here or there but since I'm never going to publish this as an actual book outside a prop run or two I'm not worried.

I'm more concerned about imagery which is why I'm searching older sources for engravings/paintings etc. :) Not to mention the generous donations from Darth Saber! :thumbsup

slenderman has been around since at least the 1600s, but under different names.
its mostly a german thing, so im not surprised it didnt come around to the us till of late ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back