How to paint eva foam?

BladeRunner

So I am making this Dark Knight costume with my cousin, but the foam is not the right texture or color so we will need to make it look more solid and paint some of it grey. Any ideas or information on how to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks, but one more question: Is there anyway I can like use a brush to apply it though because I need it in very, very specific areas?

Alright, thanks. And would you recommend any particular paints that work well with plasti-dip? Does plati-dip create a gloss effect?

Alright, thanks. And would you recommend any particular paints that work well with plasti-dip? Does plati-dip create a gloss effect?

In addition to Plasti-dip, you could consider regular fabric paint (from the craft store). If the area is small and you're looking to use a brush anyway, that might work for your needs.

But I can't have a gloss coating because it wouldn't look right so if anyone has any info on whether these products create that effect it would be of great help.

I just hit the plastidip website and they have some cool new items. Not sure how easy they will be to find in stores but they now offer a way to make a custom color for plastidip. The base is clear and then you color tint it to your liking. personally i think using the clear as a sealer would be awesome but it would also be nice to color base coat in something closer to the finish color, if you are good at tint matching that is.

They also have some enhancers to give a glossy finish along with metallizers.

Plasti Dip Protective Coating Products | Plasti Dip Protective Coating Products | Rubber Dip Coating

Dean

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back