Thomas Riddle Vial from Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince

juno

Sr Member
I'm working on a memory vial from HBP. I've chosen the vial seen in Page to Screen and Film Wizardry. I'm working out the size and such, right now I'm going with 5/8" diameter for the vial. Now, I'm working out label sizes based on that. I'm guessing at approximately 4.5" from top to bottom and 5/8" wide. I say approximate because I believe the glass is usually measured in millimeters. I'll need to ask on Saturday when I'm out at the studio. However, I'm leaning towards the 1.675" label, but when I first looked at it, it seemed too small.

Movie vial:
6445040231_b8ace8e790_o.jpg

I created a Flickr set with photos of the vial in the movie to show scale:HBP Vials - a set on Flickr

1.675" label
6445040139_912123c20c_b.jpg

2" label
6445040189_b6b651e366_o.jpg

I am left-handed! I guess my camera work gives it away. I think this vial may actually be too big. We'll see next week when I go look at the vial samples.

and my moratorium on prop buying totaly does NOT include your Potter items, so I hope you make several.. LOL cause I will certainly buy myself one lol

I noticed one day that everytime I take a pic I'm holding the item with my left hand (I'm right handed), so now I always look for it.

I noticed one day that everytime I take a pic I'm holding the item with my left hand (I'm right handed), so now I always look for it.

I actually switch it up -- if you look at my Oz key, it's in my left hand. It really just depends on where I want to position the piece for the best lighting.

Wolfie - I asked him to make me five bottles. I'm really cutting down run size, as I prep for this potential move. Plus, I looked around my house and I really have a ton of stuff left over from runs (don't ask how many Howlers I have).

I found one of my early prototypes. This is with the smaller label (and in my left hand to confuse James Kenobi!)

6467572671_83b342fdaf_o.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back