Font ID help (prize to the font guesser)

juno

Sr Member
Here it is:
508a80d0b525246fbe690155daf396fe.13517.png

It isn't Gill sans (the R isn't wide enough), nor Myriad pro. It is an older font, this piece was created in the early 1990s.

I think this one might be difficult to pinpoint exactly. I'm getting a few fairly close matches, but it's always the 'R' that isn't quite right :(

Here are the 2 I found that are close. The The R is right, the C might need modifying slightly. Being as the source is so low res, I couldn't tell if there were serifs or not so I included the top version also.

attachment.php

Copperplate certainly seems close, I can't decide if I'm seeing serifs or not, which is why I dismissed it when it first came up in my search. (The sans serif copperplate -- I think it's done by Larabie fonts is a newer font and doesn't fit the timeline.)

Sweet! Glad to help. At my old job I had to constantly redraw customer's logos from lo-res images, and knew fonts pretty well. I've been out of there several years and don't recognize them quite like I used to.
PM with address sent

I have been in Type Development at Adobe for over twenty years, but my area of expertise is not Western type. Although my heritage is not Asian, I specialize in CJK (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) type.

Anyway, the C (its terminals), R (its leg), and W (its center portion) are the key letters to focus on when making a match with an existing typeface.

I suggest that you post your image to the Type ID Board of the Typophile Forum. See: Type ID Board | Typophile

Got my free prize for helping with the font! These cards look great! Any fans of SOTL that are thinking about ordering a set, do it! Very nice. Thanks Juno.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back