Rita Skeeters Quick-quotes quill

Tammy

I'm not sure if anyone has tried to make a Quick-quotes quill? I did search the forums so I apologize if this has been done before :rolleyes
I found a hi-res image of Rita's quill on EW.com and thought I would share

I just bought a Lime Green Lady Amherst Centre tail feather from a Pheasant. After much searching I think this is what Rita's QQQ is made from. Although I bought two that are approx. 900mm long! (or 36 inches). As I haven't gotten them yet I'm now feeling a little cautious that they are going to be too long :lol

I have a few nibs and thought I would try making the pen part out of polymer clay?
Has anyone else tried to make one of these?

The length shouldn't be a problem. In most of the pictures you see of her she is holding the pen waist/writing level and the end goes over her shoulder.

As for the nib I made my original one out of wood from scratch using photos as reference, the second I bought the one at the park and used it for more precision and finally used the hi res shot to get it the closest possible.

I got my feather today :D :D
It looks lovely!!
I have a great Uncle that does wood turning so I have drawn up a profile of the pen part and will ask him to turn it out of wood for me. Fingers crossed it should all come together.
9714-lime-pheasant-feather-make-my-rita-skeeter-quick-quotes-quill.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back