Back to the Future II Remastered 2015

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok, follow me on this. Since we're actually catching up to Marty McFly in the year 2015 how cool would it be to have the studio reshoot the scenes in BTTF II with Michael J Fox as he would be his future self and replace those new scenes in the movie. That would be awesome!!! Same goes with the chick who played his girlfriend/wife.

I'm not thinking so... because Michael J. Fox and Eisabeth Shue actually look pretty decent for their ages. The look of the movie characters are supposed to be rough... like life hasn't been all that peachy for them.

I see no reason to tinker with the BTTF movies. I think they're perfect the way they are.

I'm not thinking so... because Michael J. Fox and Eisabeth Shue actually look pretty decent for their ages. The look of the movie characters are supposed to be rough... like life hasn't been all that peachy for them.

I see no reason to tinker with the BTTF movies. I think they're perfect the way they are.

Agreed.
The prints used for the Blu-Ray release look just great. So glad Lucas is the only director who ruins past films with tinkering to death.

Lucas hasent ruined anything. The fact is, if he made those films for the first time today, he would have done it the way he wanted to and not have to go back 30 years later to fix them.

You can still take the same actors from BTTF and rough em up a little bit. The point is, the aged makup they used for the film looked bad then and looks even worse now.

Lucas hasent ruined anything. The fact is, if he made those films for the first time today, he would have done it the way he wanted to and not have to go back 30 years later to fix them.

Do you honestly think that Han Solo bending his neck in a manner no human being in the world can anatomically do so he can dodge a missed shot at point blank range instead of establishing himself as the most bad ass character by shooting first improved the movies?

Ok, follow me on this. Since we're actually catching up to Marty McFly in the year 2015 how cool would it be to have the studio reshoot the scenes in BTTF II with Michael J Fox as he would be his future self and replace those new scenes in the movie. That would be awesome!!! Same goes with the chick who played his girlfriend/wife.

That's a pretty good idea. But the question is: Is Fox's acting good enough with his Parkinson disease?

Do you honestly think that Han Solo bending his neck in a manner no human being in the world can anatomically do so he can dodge a missed shot at point blank range instead of establishing himself as the most bad ass character by shooting first improved the movies?

/\ QFT

And as one of the biggest BTTF fans...no I would not like to see anything redone...

EXCEPT for the cut where Griff spins (from outside) to open the Cafe 80's door. That has always bugged me.

That's the only thing I disagree with, however, if Lucas shot that today, Greedo would have shot first and it would have looked right and we would have never know of the other way. Wrap your head around that ;)

That's the only thing I disagree with, however, if Lucas shot that today, Greedo would have shot first and it would have looked right and we would have never know of the other way. Wrap your head around that ;)

If that were the case, they might as well have Han Solo say "I love you too," in ESB. Might as well finish ruining the character.

Do you honestly think that Han Solo bending his neck in a manner no human being in the world can anatomically do so he can dodge a missed shot at point blank range --

Hey - don't say that until we see what MJF can do - I bet he can out bend any shot out there.

:lol Darn it. Now I feel bad.

To get back on track, hopefully, yeah, I think it would be cool, just as a deleted scene or extra, but not inserted into the movie itself, unless both versions are released.

And while they are at it, they could replace all the other things: cars with real cars from 2015 (but let them still hover :D), newspapers with real happenings from 2015 (there's no Queen Diana), Jaws Part 5 not 19, the current (ugly) Pepsi logo and bottle mould, Blu-rays instead of Laserdiscs in the backyard etc. ... :)

I'm a very big fan, too, but I would like to see all these modifications. We already have the original version, so why not to have an additional version? It's a bit like the Tribble episode in Star Trek DS9. :D

Similarly, always thought it would've been fun to reshoot the relevant parts of Star Trek's "The Deadly Years" with the aged actors.

I think it sucks that 2011 (and likely 2015) pretty much still looks like 1985.

Yeah, it would have made for a boring movie.
Doc: We're going to the future!
Marty: awesome!
Doc: Here we are
Marty: It's like 1985 but with cell phones?
Doc: Pretty much...

Yeah, it would have made for a boring movie.
Doc: We're going to the future!
Marty: awesome!
Doc: Here we are
Marty: It's like 1985 but with cell phones?
Doc: Pretty much...

I don't know how it is in the USA, but if you compare 1985 with 2011 in Germany, you'll notice big differences in car designs through the decades. In the eighties the cars looked like ugly squared hutches. Today they are more round and aerodynamic. I think this is the first that an eighties time traveller would notice on his travel to 2011.

I think it sucks that 2011 (and likely 2015) pretty much still looks like 1985.

Steve Jobs would beg to differ. Remember how crazy it was to see giant flat screen tvs in movies? I remember waiting for video phones and then suddenly BOOM there they were. Or the idea of everyone having small phones (be it in a watch or what have you). Ipads, Iphones , the internet and modern home video games would look like magic to the eyes of a 1985 citizen. One thing that does match is the people of 2015 in BTTF seemed to care about the environment - by the way the Clock Tower Square looked compared to 1985.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back