Full size Tardis Bookcase build! Now with link to video :)

Re: Full size Tardis Bookcase build!

That is too effin' cool!!!

Guess if you hinged it you could do the same with a han in carbonite?

Hmmm......

I love this project! How did he do the top lit up sign? Thats always the part of tardis building that stumps me.

Beautiful work, just beautiful! What a great idea! And you have a nice DVD collection, too -- and alphabetized! :)

I love the concept... Now I just have to figure out where I can squeak one into my house without SWMBO thinking it's over the top. :)

MM

I couldn't have one of those in my house...

I'd keep looking at it and have to make the sound effect! :lol

why thank you! I take great pride in my collection and wouldn't dream of having them ordered in any other way! (apart from all my studio Ghiblis which are kept separately as they are soooo awesome haha!)

Cheers for the responses guys, didn't think people would like it so much! :$

'I love this project! How did he do the top lit up sign? Thats always the part of tardis building that stumps me.' - Gareee

We looked at having the sign (plastic bit) made but just before we started making inquiries i noticed they were selling on eBay which helped lots. we then boxed it into a frame and put a small light tube in the back of the box, simple really. The case happened to be going over a wall socket anyway so we just wired it through the back of the case, which is great cause it's hidden from sight.

The whole thing cost around £100 - £150 to make as our garage is FULL of offcuts of wood, all the money went on the signs, handles, lock and light really.

Ooo and regarding my Avatar Nerfenstein it appears we have similar tastes in admirals ;)

Nice! And you can always fire it up to go forward in time for any updated editions that come out!

That is soooo awesome! I wish my hubby would let me build one. Although, when we get a place of our own, I will need a wardrobe to keep all my cosplays in. Hmm....

That is soooo awesome! I wish my hubby would let me build one. Although, when we get a place of our own, I will need a wardrobe to keep all my cosplays in. Hmm....

Just tell him you're saving space as it will be bigger on the inside than it is on the outside...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back