11th Doctor Costume Finally Finished

thorneyboy

It has been a while in the making and my labour of love, but I finally have a 99% screen accurate 11th doctor costume. So what is the 1% non screen accurate bit I hear you ask? Well the shirt does not have the tab collar as it does in the show, but hat is being rectified as we speak.

So below is my finished (for now lol) 11th Doctor "Closing Time" costume:

Please note that the shirt in the picture with no jacket is the old one with the new shirt having the corecct fabric weave on it. I just wanted to show the namebadge.

So for this I have got the following:

Dark green molesking greatcoat (as per the show)
G Star Raw spark denim jeans (as per the show)
Burgundy silver cross back braces (as per the show)
Burgundy narrow bowtie (as per the show)
Replica S6 boots from the makers of the boots on the show
Namebadge (made locally and now have a new version with exact font)
Metal sonic screwdriver
Blue dobby/basket weave shirt (as per the show less the tab collar)

So as you can see pretty accurate and a costume I will never part with.

Looking good and the Ricks coat looks superb.

Must get my arse in gear with a badge. Will have better S&G reference now, as the image is printed in the Brilliant Book 2012...

I do have a better namebadge as I revised the font and design of it. Will have to get some pictures up.

Looking good and the Ricks coat looks superb.

Must get my arse in gear with a badge. Will have better S&G reference now, as the image is printed in the Brilliant Book 2012...

I took the sonic screwdriver which is a working screwdriver and have been fiddling with it to make it more screen accurate, however I have spoken to a guy who has had one made by the orginal prop maker and I am in the process of trying to work something out.

Your sonic is metal? Were did you get it?

Awesome costume but there's another percent or two of inaccuracy in there besides the shirt tab. If you want a full-on match to Closing Time then the tie is not smooth. It had a sort of bobbly texture. Will see if I can post a pic to show what its like.

Here's a close-up of the Closing Time tie

ClosingTimebowtie.png

I don't know what that material is called but its quite different from the shiny silk ties Matt Smith wears in some other episodes.

I thought that too and I searched high and low for high res pics. I know he wears a bobble pattern burgundy bowtie in the show but not in every episode where he wears the burgundy bowtie. He sometimes wears the one from series 5 too....But for the closing time I will prob need to find the bobbly tie.

I thought that too and I searched high and low for high res pics. I know he wears a bobble pattern burgundy bowtie in the show but not in every episode where he wears the burgundy bowtie. He sometimes wears the one from series 5 too....But for the closing time I will prob need to find the bobbly tie.

I've been looking at the Series 6 costume and made a list of what tie is in each episode. Could you say what episode a Series 5 tie is used in because I haven't checked back into Series 5 to compare? I guess that would have to be a red silk tie?

Well the ties thing was bugging me so I checked and I can't find the Doctor wearing a Series 5 tie in Series 6.

Series 5 red tie
Series5redtie.png

The only tie like that one in Series 6 is the untied one on the pile of clothes at the start of The Impossible Astronaut. None of the ties actually worn in 6 are that smooth there always looks to be bobbles or a pattern in the weave.

Well the ties thing was bugging me so I checked and I can't find the Doctor wearing a Series 5 tie in Series 6.

The only tie like that one in Series 6 is the untied one on the pile of clothes at the start of The Impossible Astronaut. None of the ties actually worn in 6 are that smooth there always looks to be bobbles or a pattern in the weave.

I believe you are correct. He doesn't wear the Series 5 tie at all in Series 6. I was lucky enough to procure a really, really close match to the textured tie on sale at a department store.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back