TOS Star Trek Corset

Eveningarwen

So I wanted to show this off! Basically I was contacted by this guy who is doing/did some Jim Beam advertising stuff and he's trying to put together a spoof advertising for "Jim, Beam me up". He will be borrowing this corset and will be doing a photoshoot with it but I wanted to do my own photoshoot as well so I could show it off. So here it is!

Unfortunately the lighting wasn't the best because we got a really late start and the hills were blocking what was left of the sun/casting shadow....but it was still a great time. Thumbs up to the person who guesses where this was shot!

DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

DSC_1049.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

DSC_1102.jpg

DSC_1072.jpg

Also in some of the photos I'm a bit stiff but 1) It's hard to do poses with no props lol. You basically get "You're on an alien planet, look lost or interested" and 2) It was so cold. Well....for a Californian it was cold hahahah!

Last edited:
Griffith Park/Bronson Canyon? And you look terrific! Very nice outfit.

I'm impressed! You are indeed correct!

(y)thumbsup

There ya go! Lol!

I was quite surprised at how many locations there are around me of Star Trek. I wanted to go down to Fern Dell as well where the Bajoran Gardens are but we ran out of time. We'll have to do those when we redo the shoot.

great job on that .....where is your ship badge?

Love the outfit....I half expect a monster of some kind to come outta the cave behind you.

great job on that .....where is your ship badge?

Love the outfit....I half expect a monster of some kind to come outta the cave behind you.

I've already had the hit put on me by CBS for my other Trekkie corset lol so I'm super afraid to have anything actually trekkie on me in my photos. Even though this outfit won't be for sale on my webpage I'm still scared to irk them lol!

I've already had the hit put on me by CBS for my other Trekkie corset lol so I'm super afraid to have anything actually trekkie on me in my photos. Even though this outfit won't be for sale on my webpage I'm still scared to irk them lol!

Kinda sad that they came down on you for your other corset. This one looks classy, puts me in mind of 50's/60's glamour model shoots and at the same time Alice in Wonderland. I think it's because of your hair and the "looking lost" pose in pic #3.

Nicely done.

Someone here should be able to photoshop a badge on the uniform and give you a tricorder.

Mobius is right about the monster thing...but I was expecting Kirk to be the one to come out and scoop you up.

I am sure the guys from Farragut would sacrifice a badge from their ship as long as your not selling it.....that uniform is great.
If you have an original design like this then it should be ok to show it off.
I totally understand though.
Mobius

We'll probably retake these photos with a proper TOS emblem attached later. For now, the dress is going to be used in a professional photoshoot by someone else, so we wanted to leave the legal stuff on them if they want to add the badge ;)

And it was freezing. I felt a bit bad afterwards. I was taking the photos and was all "Stop clenching! Starfleet uniforms were designed to be comfortable in all conditions and climates!"

And it was freezing. I felt a bit bad afterwards. I was taking the photos and was all "Stop clenching! Starfleet uniforms were designed to be comfortable in all conditions and climates!"

Lol! That's true. The way that uniform works is the tighter the corset the less you can feel the rest of your body due to no circulation so you end up not being able to feel the climate at all. Alas, mine was not tight enough because my fingers still had feeling and they were like ice.

EA - my fiancee wants this outfit something fierce - you said it's a corset, but it looks like a whole dress to me; I assume you made the whole thing as an outfit. (OK, she wants the Vader corset more...)

Re: the CBS C&D (I was sad I couldn't find the other Trek corset to show off), I think you could sell it without the badge, and then just lightly hint to people where they could find a badge or a badge patch to add on their own. I say that because that corset was really, really great looking and it'd be a shame if you had to scrap it altogether.

As a man with a lady who loves corsets, I appreciate the work you do ;)

EA - my fiancee wants this outfit something fierce - you said it's a corset, but it looks like a whole dress to me; I assume you made the whole thing as an outfit. (OK, she wants the Vader corset more...)

Re: the CBS C&D (I was sad I couldn't find the other Trek corset to show off), I think you could sell it without the badge, and then just lightly hint to people where they could find a badge or a badge patch to add on their own. I say that because that corset was really, really great looking and it'd be a shame if you had to scrap it altogether.

As a man with a lady who loves corsets, I appreciate the work you do ;)

Lol! It is a corset dress. So the top is an actual corset and the skirt part is attached to the bottom of the corset and then the flaps fold over each other in the back and velcro closed. Of course it could be done as just a corset on it's own or a two piece as well.

There actually wasn't any badge or star trek props in my other trek corset shoot (the new one with all 3 of us). But between the colors and the styling and the shoot location we gave off enough of an illusion of star trek that would "confuse my consumers as to the legitimacy of the product".

I could probably still sell the corset without any gimmicky things added to it to make it seem sci fi and literally just have it on me with a pair of jeans or the like and I would be fine but I'm just worried about CBS keeping the "eye" on me so I don't lol.

Also that first Trek corset is still all over the internet. If you google it it pops up everywhere lol! For those who haven't seen it though, this is what it was:

group.jpg

So I wanted to show this off! Basically I was contacted by this guy who is doing/did some Jim Beam advertising stuff and he's trying to put together a spoof advertising for "Jim, Beam me up". He will be borrowing this corset and will be doing a photoshoot with it but I wanted to do my own photoshoot as well so I could show it off. So here it is!

Unfortunately the lighting wasn't the best because we got a really late start and the hills were blocking what was left of the sun/casting shadow....but it was still a great time. Thumbs up to the person who guesses where this was shot!

DSC_1049.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

DSC_1102.jpg

DSC_1072.jpg

Also in some of the photos I'm a bit stiff but 1) It's hard to do poses with no props lol. You basically get "You're on an alien planet, look lost or interested" and 2) It was so cold. Well....for a Californian it was cold hahahah!

These four are my favorite pics. You look outstanding!:)

Very stunning! Might have to talk to you sometime in the near future about buying one for my wife once she gives birth to our daughter :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back