Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Three frames...that's, what, one eighth of a second? Oh yeah, that'll generate interest in the movie.

And, yes, I know it was only a gag for Conan's show; don't get yer panties in a bunch.

How to Watch the First Trailer for 'Star Trek Into Darkness' | Movie News | Movies.com
"Update: We're being told that the below Facebook page is not affiliated with Paramount Pictures or Star Trek Into Darkness, which means no matter how many people like it, we won't be seeing the film's first trailer -- at least not this way. Sorry for the confusion folks, and we'll let you know when the real trailer will premiere as soon as we get word."

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialStarTrekIntoDarkness
New FB page needs to get 500,000 Likes, after which they will release the teaser trailer.

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekMovie
Wish they had continued to update things on their existing official Star Trek movie page which already has 2 million likes.

Last edited:
Looks like it's not legit.

How to Watch the First Trailer for 'Star Trek Into Darkness' (UPDATE) | Movie News | Movies.com
"Update: We're being told that the below Facebook page is not affiliated with Paramount Pictures or Star Trek Into Darkness, which means no matter how many people like it, we won't be seeing the film's first trailer -- at least not this way. Sorry for the confusion folks, and we'll let you know when the real trailer will premiere as soon as we get word."

so this is the official plot synopsis according to Paramount's webpage.

spoilers

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness. When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to exploring space? Remember when they used to do that? :unsure

To boldly go and kick some alien ass... :(

That used to drive me nuts. It seemed like every evil world destroying monster, plague, invasion force, etc. was ALWAYS coming to Earth.

This is why I hated the destruction of Vulcan. The movie could have explored the home world of the Vulcans in more ways than we had in any previous Star Trek story, but instead decided to turn the vulcan society into a caricature (i.e. You follow logic, you're a racist a-hole) and save the Earth instead. I knew from that moment on that this 'new' Star Trek didn’t change anything because all they did was ensure that future writers could fall back on the same “Earth is in danger!” story line just as they have done in previous Star Trek movies.

I know which scene you're talking about:

"...depsite your disadvantage."
"Forgive me but of what disadvantage do you speak?"
"You Human Mother."

Yeah, that was easily seen as racist but then the Vulcans have always been smug and superior. Truth to tell I loved that scene simply because it did a lot of things: establish the "not so perfect future" setting, firmly establish Spock's motivations for joining Starfleet as well as establish his alienation from both his ancestries, show why Spock is so much more comfortable among Starfleet Peers than Vulcan non-Starfleet Peers, etc.

If they bother to slow down the pace a tad in the next film I think they can still explore Vulcan Culture some since Vulcans are now so few they don't have crowds to blend into anymore. Each one can be spotlit for how they stand out because of their beliefs and practices. The problem with that is that Star Trek is now action adventure sci-fi instead of intellectual entertainment sci-fi. As the gamers would say: less QQ and more pew pew (less emotion and more action, the "QQ" look like crying eyes).

Kind of ruins the very basis of their "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations" saying, doesn't it? But even with Vulcan logic, they still saw reason and concern in the original series. Remember in Space Seed where the crew are discussing about Khan's rule of Earth?

KIRK: He was the best of the tyrants and the most dangerous. They were supermen, in a sense. Stronger, braver, certainly more ambitious, more daring.
SPOCK: Gentlemen, this romanticism about a ruthless dictator is
KIRK: Mister Spock, we humans have a streak of barbarism in us. Appalling, but there, nevertheless.
SCOTT: There were no massacres under his rule.
SPOCK: And as little freedom.
MCCOY: No wars until he was attacked.
SPOCK: ...Gentlemen.
KIRK: Mister Spock, you misunderstand us. We can be against him and admire him all at the same time.
SPOCK: Illogical.
KIRK: Totally.

Or what about the planet where two entire civilizations will kill it's civilians simply because a computer says so in order to avoid the mass destruction of war?

Spock: There is a certain scientific logic about it.
Anan 7: I'm glad you approve.
Spock: I do not approve; I understand.

I miss alien Star Trek moments like that.

Well this is the age of the Internet. Post that in the right places and it may get championed into the script. They're never really done with a film until the DVD's are pressed you know. ;)

I would love to see a resurgence of the Original Series in this new timeline that would include some of those great storylines as mentioned above. I think the world as a whole needs a refresher course in the messages that were given back then. Sure the world as a whole has moved forward in a sense but I am also seeing alot of backward momentum in our maturity as a species.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back