Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Don't worry... The next film have no lens flare what so ever... They will install huge light spot in all theater to blind you instead so it more realist. jk

I'm a bit confused as to why they would drop the colon. That's really bothering me the most about it.

Agreed. I remember being pissed off at Enterprise for not having the "Star Trek" in there for the first 2 seasons. It's the little things that get on your nerves!

It's a dumb title and bad grammar. I made myself watch JJ's first attempt, but I'll probably give this a miss. Even the great Benedict Cumberbatch will have a hard time looking good in this.

They fly into a black hole maybe? :lol

I don't think anyone involved in making the last movie knows or understands what a black hole is. Instead of being this point in space where gravity is incredibly strong, it's actually a portal that will do whatever the writers want it to do. Sometimes it will destroy ships, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will destroy entire planets from the inside out, sometimes it can barely crack a ship right next to it. Sometimes it will send you through different dimensions, sometimes it won't.

To be fair, old Star Trek is no stranger to those either... :lol

Maybe so, but at least there's some semblance of consistency. Transporters for instance always had the rule of not being able to beam through the shields and had a very limited range. Trek09 did away with all two of those rules in one sitting. Not because someone discovered a powerful new source of energy, not because someone is Q, but because someone typed in an equation into a computer on a broken down shuttlecraft.

And isn't it customary that when your ship is about to be captured by a dangerous enemy that you destroy it so it doesn't fall into into their hands? I guess Spock didn't get the memo on that one when he literally let Nero have all the red matter.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back