Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

Is that supposed to be Khan in suspended animation?

I sure hope they don't do any previous villain or Klingons. But sadly I think we are getting both.

With everyone's complaints about the first movie and I share many of them To many flare's and all I'm still looking forward to this movie and have to agree with blipper that it was a well needed shot in the arm for trek even tho it might not be one everyone was happy with. I just hope the actually take some of the original cannon into consideration when making this next one.

Sheesh. You find a defining moment in the dailies and the first short descriptive reaction someone has you make the sub-title of the film. Done. These Hollywood Pros as such Drama Queens.

I am not sure if it's okay to distance themselves from the Trek name all together, of course it works for the Bond movies.

But didn't work for Enterprise as they added the "Star Trek" header to the title in the 3rd season.

JJ Abrams is not Christopher Nolan, so while having a Batman film without actually having the word "Batman" in the title worked... I'm not sure this would succeed with Star Trek.

Even the first Star Trek film (the very first one from 1979 for those young ones who may not know) wasn't just called "Star Trek"; it had "The Motion Picture" in the title as well.

I mean talk about a lack of inspiration there! :lol

(Although the word is that back in 1979, ST:The Motion Picture was going to be the "one and only" Star Trek film made, hence the name TMP. However it made enough money to garnish a sequel and the rest is history. ;) )

Personally I wouldn't like to have a Trek film without ST in the title.

Mind you the franchise has become so detached from what it originally was, I guess it no longer matters. :lol

Kevin

If they continue on the same path as before. Please, take "Star Trek" off it.
Be honest in what your product is at least.

Possible Titles:

Pretty Young People Flying in Their Shiny Starcraft

Sullen Looks, Flashing Lights

Who's That Villain?

Abandon Ship: The Beer Tank is Leaking

Star Trek: The Final Frontier.....again...

Star Trek: Where no man...err... no...ONE..has gone before..

Star Trek: We're not affraid to GO THERE....you know.. where no man has... yeh.. anyway...

Star Trek: Again

I remember when directors tried to minimize the camera shaking.

Yeah, the whole this is shaky real live combat footage style should stay in vintage stories about combat. Crazy talk I know.

Well, after some thought I have the best name for the next one...

Star Wars.

Yeah, the whole this is shaky real live combat footage style should stay in vintage stories about combat. Crazy talk I know.

Well, after some thought I have the best name for the next one...

Star Wars.

At least Star Wars doesn't have shaky cameras and Luke was a genuine good guy who aspired to do cool things. Kirk was just a jerk who gets everything in the end.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back