NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Woah those look way better. Love what you did with the black sections on the soles. How did you do the nike swoosh, did you just glue material over it or is that painted to?

Im thinking of changing the colouring on the back and doing the speckles next week, but I might keep my current one stock and just but another set as there that cheap, and to help lower their stock of them so they can do an improved version.

fantastic.

is that nike lettering on the back painted onto the plastic heel?

im thinking of changing that to light grey when i get mine.

ive ordered some white and black ones, do you think if i painted the sides completely black they would look good? similar to you, but instead of white, just all black? and do you think white tyre paint pen would work better since its for tyre rubber and these are rubber soles too?

also, do you think its possible to paint the foam part above the sole?
or do you need another type of paint pen for that?

im now thinking of getting a few more, modifying a few to have custom "air mags" :0 in homage.

The NIKE lettering on the back is printed on, yes. I think you can do alot of different versions of these judging by only its design. I have decided to get 4 more pairs to mess with and help stock flow. I think this show would look good black in certain areas, I just tried a different approach.;) No matter how you color them you will get attention!

Woah those look way better. Love what you did with the black sections on the soles. How did you do the nike swoosh, did you just glue material over it or is that painted to?

Im thinking of changing the colouring on the back and doing the speckles next week, but I might keep my current one stock and just but another set as there that cheap, and to help lower their stock of them so they can do an improved version.

Thanks Welshwarrior123! The NIKE Swoosh logo is made from EVA foam and very easy to do. I just cut out 2 NIKE Swoosh logos and glued them over the shoe itself and not painted. I like it alot more this way, coming closer to a "2015" shoe.

The NIKE lettering on the back is printed on, yes. I think you can do alot of different versions of these judging by only its design. I have decided to get 4 more pairs to mess with and help stock flow. I think this show would look good black in certain areas, I just tried a different approach.;) No matter how you color them you will get attention!

Thanks Welshwarrior123! The NIKE Swoosh logo is made from EVA foam and very easy to do. I just cut out 2 NIKE Swoosh logos and glued them over the shoe itself and not painted. I like it alot more this way, coming closer to a "2015" shoe.

great.

do you think its possible to paint the entire shoe black? i mean the black ones which have the patterns on them. I was thinking of painting them entirely black with something like that angelus paint or something.

not sure if it would work.

the swoosh looks great, what glue do you recommend for that bit? and what thickness is the eva foam you used?

Last edited:
After a few little dissection tests, I've found that these things are glued within an inch of their life!

The main fabric appears to be vinyl backed in cotton. In trying to remove the fabric from the soles, it seems the only way to do this is actually to cut BETWEEN the vinyl and the cotton backing, leaving the vinyl outer layer glued to the soles. I may be able to peel this off later once everything is removed.

The heel cup and sole are glued in a very odd way, it seems like the sole is partially melted over the edge of the heel cup, so I'll probably end up having to just remove it from the uppers then just rip that bottom edge lose.

Even if that edge gets a bit rough, I should be fine since I plan on trying to cut down the back edge of the sole to better match the screen used ones.

Once I do a little more recon throughout this week, I'll put together a short dissection video, where I will not leave a single seam unripped so everyone can see the entirety of the shoe's construction.

Now a quick question: Does anyone have any ideas for a way to dye the white soles grey? I was thinking of just trying good ol' Rit Dye, but I wasn't sure if anyone has ever had to do anything similar before.

-Nick

No recommendations on the dye, but I think Rit would be worth a shot if nothing else presents itself. Maybe some kind of ink?

Looking forward to your video, it sounds like the kind of thing every prop that needs mods should have done.

just got my pairs! they are top quality shoes! just for regular wearing, you can't fault them. they fit nice and snugly! absolutely brilliant.

even though they aren't anywhere near movie accurate, for such a cheap price, I have to say they are awesome "homage" sneakers.

im going to get another 4 or 5 pairs in all the colours, and just mess around with a few of them.

I think i might paint 1 set of them completely black, although not sure what type of paint or dye would work on that main material.

No video until I get these things totally torn down, but I'm getting close. (I haven't started on the other shoe yet though)

Here's a little taste for everyone waiting to see the guts:

phot3o.jpg

photo-19.jpg

^ Notice the small tab that extends under the level of the top of the sole...that's why these things were such a pain to remove

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

^ Basically the only part I'll be keeping...for now. (Well, that and the swoosh, which pulls off so easily)

I'm doing a little work every night, so I'm hoping to rip all the seams tomorrow. Making sure I didn't tear the soles was a big pain in the @#$ but I'll run through some ways to avoid that once I put a video together.

As always, let me know if you want any specific shots or details during the teardown.

-Nick

PS: I'm thinking of starting a new thread for my teardown as not to sidetrack this too much further...thoughts?

Well Sbshoe.com is now SOLD OUT of the WHITE Mags...!!! Good start!! Now to get rid of current stock to get new upgraded Mags!!

The ones that S02 made are NOT the K-Mags from SBShoe.com. They are modified MarkPoons.

-Nick

Ahh... ok I was gonna say through the pics somebody would/should know they are not the real thing. LoL I ordered my EL lights the other day just waiting to on them and then I'll be doing the strap FINALLY!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back