NIKE MAG Knockoffs

BTW, has anyone taken these apart yet? I would love to see how they are made.

I'll probably be pulling off my uppers from at least one of the shoes next week or the week after...depending on when I have time, what with my new job and everything.

I'll record an HD video of the dissection process when I do and post it for you good fellas here.

I won't be removing the sole inserts until I can get a mold of the sole with them in place. (allowing me to cast my own clear sections) So that will have to wait for a later time and video.

-Nick

Last edited:
I suggest you re evaluate what you are saying... What that will be is re casting and will get you or anyone else banned before you know what hit you.

I understand where you are coming from Ross but this has been sanctioned by Mark already. He invites us to "upgrade" his shoes. This would not technically be recasting. More like casting and improving but the shoe would still have to be bought from Mark. In essence, Mark would benefit GREATLY by this, since more people would buy his shoes.

Thanks though. :thumbsup

Here is my pair that just arrived! I "cleaned" em up a bit but they are well worth the price and that company deserves an award for having GREAT customer service! I REALLY am pleased with them! Ordered another pair to SLICE & DICE!! Need LED El Strap!! lol
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg

Very Clean!!

I like those little improvements with the Mag logo and LED section.

Last edited:
Here is my pair that just arrived! I "cleaned" em up a bit but they are well worth the price and that company deserves an award for having GREAT customer service! I REALLY am pleased with them! Ordered another pair to SLICE & DICE!! Need LED El Strap!! lol
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg

Very Clean!!

did you use a paint pen on the back of the mag writing and the little plastic part where the led should be?

what pen did you use?

i feel like getting some paint pens and making them all white.

I can see your point mate, but then again I bought my specific pair as I like the look and aesthetics of them, also intend to wear them as they are as regular shoes. But like Mcfly said, if someone can alter them on the cheap to make them more like the originals then power to them. And with the breadth of talent thats on these boards I cant see why someone couldnt do it.

Im looking forward to seeing what NickFox does with his, I imagine he will show us him taking them apart so we can have a look then.

i bought 2 pairs, 1 in white and 1 in black. im thinking of painting the white ones lettering in light grey and the nike logo in light grey too. what type of paint pen is best? oil based or what?

for the black ones, i bought the black with red soles, so going to paint the back of the lettering all black.

they may not be accurate but they look fairly decent as a pair of homage sneakers. I just want to remove the nike mag lettering at the back as they obviously look nothing like the real ones! best to make them anonymous!

did you use a paint pen on the back of the mag writing and the little plastic part where the led should be?

what pen did you use?

i feel like getting some paint pens and making them all white.

Yes! I used a light BLUE pen on the "MAG" logo, colored the tri-LED part WHITE instead of the Deep Sea BLUE it was, then tried a few WHITE squares on the sole part. Not bad when all done! They feel good and solid and I have already received compliments on them!

Guys, got some good news. Had a message from the guy who made these saying that they are working on improvements including 'icey soles' and better colours/materials etc. He kindly requested that people stop spamming him with harsh critcism, which I can understand. Positive is fine, but he's working on improving them which is great.

I suspect he knows about this thread/forum as he saw the comments about him being slow/retarded etc. Please keep it friendly, he's done a good job in my eyes so far, and when clear soles and a few other tweaks are done, for the money they will be an excellent asset to the community.

If he sends any more updates I'll throw it up here for you guys. I don't think it will be for a while as they have to sell their current batch first, so keep buying pairs to wear casually and hopefully within the next few months we will see V2. They're for pennies, I may grab myself a pair of the white ones this month actually as they look really comfy :thumbsup

Yes! I used a light BLUE pen on the "MAG" logo, colored the tri-LED part WHITE instead of the Deep Sea BLUE it was, then tried a few WHITE squares on the sole part. Not bad when all done! They feel good and solid and I have already received compliments on them!

great, what brand paint pen marker did you use?

theres a few out there, was looking to choose a good one. they say waterproof oil based is best for plastic.

also, you know the black sections of the sole, do you reckon if I painted just the sides with a tyre paint pen, the paint would stay on?

i think they would look better all white or light grey on the sides, the bottom doesn't matter.

Guys, got some good news. Had a message from the guy who made these saying that they are working on improvements including 'icey soles' and better colours/materials etc. He kindly requested that people stop spamming him with harsh critcism, which I can understand. Positive is fine, but he's working on improving them which is great.

I suspect he knows about this thread/forum as he saw the comments about him being slow/retarded etc. Please keep it friendly, he's done a good job in my eyes so far, and when clear soles and a few other tweaks are done, for the money they will be an excellent asset to the community.

If he sends any more updates I'll throw it up here for you guys. I don't think it will be for a while as they have to sell their current batch first, so keep buying pairs to wear casually and hopefully within the next few months we will see V2. They're for pennies, I may grab myself a pair of the white ones this month actually as they look really comfy :thumbsup

great, thats good.

ps, on the strap on the knockoffs or homages, the material seems to be made of the same as the actual shoe.

what material do you guys recommend to get to replace this strap?

is it just plain leather? in the UK, where's the best place to get some cheap leather for cutting out some straps?

This is GREAT news indeed!! If they need help getting rid of current stock, i'd be happy to buy more! My Fiance now want a pair and for me to do em up all girly for her which I think would look HOT!!

Well anyway, yeah "icey soles" would be GREAT and the guy who made these is a genius!! He has given us something wanted for 20 + years at an affordable price! This is the closest Ive come to a NIKE MAG!
Money well spent;)

*crosses fingers a better version comes out*

I have yet to pull the trigger on any pair yet.. but i got money waiting for something better than whats out now.

MAKE IT SO!

great, what brand paint pen marker did you use?

theres a few out there, was looking to choose a good one. they say waterproof oil based is best for plastic.

also, you know the black sections of the sole, do you reckon if I painted just the sides with a tyre paint pen, the paint would stay on?

i think they would look better all white or light grey on the sides, the bottom doesn't matter.

san_sharpie_paint.jpg

I used Sharpie Paint pens. It would be nice to have all WHITE or all GREY version of the Mags. Yeah, the paint stays on the soles just let dry for 20 minutes or so.

Last edited:
A bit Closer...
IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg
IMG_0138-1.jpg
IMG_0139.jpg

fantastic.

is that nike lettering on the back painted onto the plastic heel?

im thinking of changing that to light grey when i get mine.

ive ordered some white and black ones, do you think if i painted the sides completely black they would look good? similar to you, but instead of white, just all black? and do you think white tyre paint pen would work better since its for tyre rubber and these are rubber soles too?

also, do you think its possible to paint the foam part above the sole?
or do you need another type of paint pen for that?

im now thinking of getting a few more, modifying a few to have custom "air mags" :0 in homage.

Last edited:
great, thats good.

ps, on the strap on the knockoffs or homages, the material seems to be made of the same as the actual shoe.

what material do you guys recommend to get to replace this strap?

is it just plain leather? in the UK, where's the best place to get some cheap leather for cutting out some straps?

I actually travelled over to Bradford to that Bombay stores. They sell white leatherette in there that does a cracking job. Just around the corner from you :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back