NIKE MAG Knockoffs

That glassrub doesn't sound bad. It says if you add a tiny amount of pigment it won't yellow. And even if it does, 3 years is a pretty decent amount of time, and following the clay method casting up another pair every 3 years wouldn't be very hard.

I don't know a lot about molding (or the type of clay you would use) but that tight grid pattern might be difficult with just clay. You would have to make sure the clay gets into all the groves really cleanly and that it doesn't stretch of distort when you pull the master piece out of the mold...

Well that was just an example, I've never tried it myself, I'd be more comfortable using a silicone mold, which might also be better if you'll need to cast new ones later as the molds will outlast the shoes.

I do sell MAG KITTs for those who is planing to upgrade their Markpoon's Mags..

For the pair
tumblr_m1h3ua3skn1qamsd5.jpg

Lights UP!
tumblr_m1h3ujlaF21qamsd5.jpg

What these KITTs is lighting up
tumblr_m1h3viLsxY1qamsd5.jpg

Well that was just an example, I've never tried it myself, I'd be more comfortable using a silicone mold, which might also be better if you'll need to cast new ones later as the molds will outlast the shoes.

How would you go about making a silicone mold for this type of project?

Well I got my shoes yesterday and overall im really pleased with them. I was a bit nervous about ordering them but fair do's to sbshoe they have a great service. It took them 3 days to get the shoes from china to me hear in the UK.

They come well boxed, inside a fake Nike box, and the shoes are rapped in tissue paper and are stuffed with paper to keep there shape. Pretty much exactly like when you buy shoes at a store.

DSCF3163.jpg

DSCF3164.jpg

DSCF3166.jpg

DSCF3167.jpg

DSCF3168.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

DSCF3170.jpg

DSCF3171.jpg

DSCF3173.jpg

DSCF3174.jpg

DSCF3176.jpg

Like I said im really happy with them, and the build quality is fantastic, although the finishing work is not something to be admired. The shoes are very well put together with decent materials, the only weak/problem issue is the strap with can be easily fixed/replaced. The stitching varies on the shoe, to being neat in certain areas and scruffy in others. Also the edges of the tops of the shoes are very rough. The sole seems strong, and is made of a foam rubber type of material, but looks like you could disassemble it relatively easy with a scalpel.

Ive worn these for about and hour or two and they are extremely comfy and fit really well. As I said I intend to wear these like normal shoes as I think they look excellent, there not accurate but you can see they are supposed to be Mags. Im so pleased with them im going to order another pair just to try and make more accurate.
If your hesitant about buying these and you want them, go for it. The company is great and fast to respond to questions and they accept paypal as well.

For £50 shipped to me, Ive got to say im very very pleased with them.If any of you want more pictures just say and I'll get some, but I think I got most of the shoe there.

Welsh

Well I got my shoes yesterday and overall im really pleased with them. I was a bit nervous about ordering them but fair do's to sbshoe they have a great service. It took them 3 days to get the shoes from china to me hear in the UK.

They come well boxed, inside a fake Nike box, and the shoes are rapped in tissue paper and are stuffed with paper to keep there shape. Pretty much exactly like when you buy shoes at a store.

DSCF3163.jpg

DSCF3164.jpg

DSCF3166.jpg

DSCF3167.jpg

DSCF3168.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

DSCF3170.jpg

DSCF3171.jpg

DSCF3173.jpg

DSCF3174.jpg

DSCF3176.jpg

Like I said im really happy with them, and the build quality is fantastic, although the finishing work is not something to be admired. The shoes are very well put together with decent materials, the only weak/problem issue is the strap with can be easily fixed/replaced. The stitching varies on the shoe, to being neat in certain areas and scruffy in others. Also the edges of the tops of the shoes are very rough. The sole seems strong, and is made of a foam rubber type of material, but looks like you could disassemble it relatively easy with a scalpel.

Ive worn these for about and hour or two and they are extremely comfy and fit really well. As I said I intend to wear these like normal shoes as I think they look excellent, there not accurate but you can see they are supposed to be Mags. Im so pleased with them im going to order another pair just to try and make more accurate.
If your hesitant about buying these and you want them, go for it. The company is great and fast to respond to questions and they accept paypal as well.

For £50 shipped to me, Ive got to say im very very pleased with them.If any of you want more pictures just say and I'll get some, but I think I got most of the shoe there.

Welsh

Awesome review, about time someone put some quality pics of these up. Why on earth they did the thumbprint pattern, I have no idea. They look great overall and for the price, damn, you just can't argue!

He claims that his boss will get sued if they make it more accurate.....yet he has NIKE plastered all over them and a fake box. If they debranded them, and simply did clear soles and LED sections and accurate colours, they would sell by the lorry load.

Time to hassle him again me thinks :love

Yeesh! Those are AWEFUL!!!! There is NOTHING on them that is close to being accurate...NOTHING.

The ankle part is wrong (it should not extend down to the sole)
The white heel piece is too thin
The fabric is horrible
The top white part shape is not correct
The soles are ok but they need the clear part (which I don't think will be easy to replace)
The strap is aweful
The "laces" are too thick and don't even extend under the upper

I have no idea why you guys like these shoes. Other than the sizing, these things are not worth re-working them.

Yeah I know they are hideously inaccurate, but some of us cant afford to purchase markpoons or to have a set with your simply amazing conversions. But for $80 shipped to your door, the fact they are wearable in different sizes is justifiable enough for most to purchase these. And the build quality is suffice enough that these can be worn on an ever day basis, also with out the worry of scuffing or damaging an expensive and beautiful replica pair. Sure they may be difficult or even pointless to alter, but these are as close as I will get to a pair of Nike mags. And if nickfox can make these look more accurate even better.

...but some of us cant afford to purchase markpoons or to have a set with your simply amazing conversions. But for $80 shipped to your door, the fact they are wearable in different sizes is justifiable enough for most to purchase these.

I totally understand that, however you'd be better off just buying a pair of hightop NIKE's that don't even look close to the MAG's, since these are so inaccurate.

I think you guys are going to be wasting $80.

Just my 2cents.

I totally understand that, however you'd be better off just buying a pair of hightop NIKE's that don't even look close to the MAG's, since these are so inaccurate.

I think you guys are going to be wasting $80.

Just my 2cents.

I bought the "silver" pair of the mags...closer to the actual Nike Mags, I will however be re-working them with a non-reflective grey lycra material and I'll be doing the EL strap in the very near future. I can wear them out and not worry about $200 shoes scuffing and get compliments on them consistently. NO They are not screen accurate but who says with time and patience we can't make these look even more accurate then Mark's? I love Mark's shoes just cant see myself buying them and wearing $200 when i can get the same effect with these.

Thats my .02 cents. :thumbsup

/\ I guess if they make you feel good, then that's all that matters.

BTW, has anyone taken these apart yet? I would love to see how they are made.

I can see your point mate, but then again I bought my specific pair as I like the look and aesthetics of them, also intend to wear them as they are as regular shoes. But like Mcfly said, if someone can alter them on the cheap to make them more like the originals then power to them. And with the breadth of talent thats on these boards I cant see why someone couldnt do it.

Im looking forward to seeing what NickFox does with his, I imagine he will show us him taking them apart so we can have a look then.

Those black ones are very very nice. But the yellow one doesnt look that bad either, kinda shows that any uniform color on them will look alright to an extent. Would like to see what a solid red and blue one looks like with the white Nike swoosh and soles.

Nice One mate, they really arnt that bad Quality. I'm thinking of doing the el strip myself. The strap is the weakest part of the shoe so will be the first to be replaced, so why not "pimp" the new one up. Other than that I would only want clear soles with lights and I would be happy with that.

Post some pics up when you start them.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back