NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I welcome the challenge if need be. I'm sure I could swap out all the lights if I had to....

What i'd like to do is buy a few pairs and still go ahead with making one of my own. Maybe i'll make the upper for fun and just transplant the rest of these V2s.

I just wish those pictures would materialize.

Happy with my Mark Poons that arrived today (Halloween party next week), but I will be watching this thread with great interest.

As for stocking up: I can only imagine what Brad's "Back to The Future" clothes closet will look like. Kind of like Charlie Brown's closet full of zig-zag striped shirts! Or the late Steve Job's wardrobe! :D I wish I stocked up on "Enterprise" NX-01 caps back in 2002. Aftermarket on those is tough!

I recently received some of Mark's mags, too. I hope these new ones are half as comfortable as the MP shoes.

I would like to know how easily the average 2011 Mag is stripped down. If we have to practically destroy these things to replace what sounds like red leds i'll consider sticking with my scratchbuild.

And i'm really hoping these have the internal battery pack rather than batteries that need to be replaced.

And i'm really hoping these have the internal battery pack rather than batteries that need to be replaced.

That could be it limiting factor.

I don't see a problem with air mailing a battery, but back September 2011, the email I got from eBay when I placed a bid on a pair of genuine MAGs stated that even if I won, they would not send me the shoes because of the built in battery being considered as explosive risk. Like I bet all 1500 pairs made their way to the US on a ship. NOT!

Huh. I've ordered things with such batteries but never had a problem.

Yeah I thought it was rude and a bit wrong too.

Did you bite the bullet and order a pair?

No, not until I see pictures of the actual shoe and not just recycled NIKE 2011 MAG eBay images.

I spend a good part of the day finalizing my patterns and assembled a test shoe from the laminated pattern parts. It went together really well and so my focus will be on that until these images appear.

Yeah I thought it was rude and a bit wrong too.

No, not until I see pictures of the actual shoe and not just recycled NIKE 2011 MAG eBay images.

I spend a good part of the day finalizing my patterns and assembled a test shoe from the laminated pattern parts. It went together really well and so my focus will be on that until these images appear.

I hope there are pics up in the next few days coz it's my birthday in like six and i'd at least like to have them ordered before then:)

I keep wavering between the take the plunge and the toe in the water mentality. I've had the order screen up and down all day. Gah. Need pics.

I wonder how many are ordering based on the stock photo, thinking that is the final product.

Jeebus. I love how badly they mangled the English on that shoe site.

"Now, Nike (Nike) caught the movie "Back to the Future 2" "Nike Mag" shoes inspired to create a legend of Parkinson's disease."

That's right folks. BttF2 Nike Mag's are the cause of, and solution to, Parkinson's disease.

"Now, Nike (Nike) caught the movie "Back to the Future 2" "Nike Mag" shoes inspired to create a legend of Parkinson's disease."

That's right folks. BttF2 Nike Mag's are the cause of, and solution to, Parkinson's disease.

lol. now we know who mj fox can blame.:facepalm

I'm REALLY sorry, but my mind came up with a tasteless joke of people spotting the Legendary Parkinson disease but all they have for proof is shaky pictures.:lol :(

I wonder how many are ordering based on the stock photo, thinking that is the final product.

Exactly. When members from here can post real images of the shoes, then I will bite. Until then, it is this project I am afraid.

attachment.php

Not bad for paper and tape :love

Exactly. When members from here can post real images of the shoes, then I will bite. Until then, it is this project I am afraid.

attachment.php

Not bad for paper and tape :love

I dares ya to walk down the street in paper Mags.

Hmmm. Maybe you can sell them to surgeons who are fans of the film series.

Speaking of...a completely different topic...I found some plastic like the bag used for the Almanac so i'll have at least a little side project until I decide how to proceed in light of these new KO mags.

speaking of which...legitimately this time...the replica Almanac only seems to go up to 1984 with its statistics. I guess all that time travel wiped out the intervening years or something.

Hi All

This will be brilliant news if they bring out a v2 of the nike mag - i love to collect trainers and have quite a few rare ones, and i was toying with the idea of selling them and buying a genuine pair of nike mags - but it means I lose 4 pairs and in return i get 1 pair :-/

I do hope this is true, as it means i can keep my trainers and buy a pair for the top space in my cabinet which is nike mag territory, ive held out putting other trainers in that space, its reserved :)

Thanks to everyone who has kept this post alive and to the ones who have continued to rally for the released of a v2 :)

Take care all and have a good day

I was actually talking to customer support and was told "**** you" by the cs person after talking and they said if I had real ones I could send them into them and it would help make them. That doest sound legit at all. Thats actually insane of a company to talk that way especially when trying to simply find out when you can give their company money! :lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back