NIKE MAG Knockoffs

There are some really nice images in that link. I wish we had them earlier. Looking at that paint splat, and it is almost as if the paint was not flicked, rather dripped through a strainer or similar. If it was flicked, it must have been thick. When I flicked my soles today, the paint was thin and as a result, I got lots of good small dots, a few longer ones but hardly any of the whips between the dots that we see on the real 2011 MAG.

Compare the fabric on a good quality polo shirt vs a regular tee shirt. Then find the fabric used for that. I'll see if I can macro a shot of what I am talking about.

attachment.php

I feel a new avatar coming on :)

Those are BADASS!!
awesome job!

when it comes to glueing on them uppers at the toe area, how difficult will it be?

the toe area glueing bit is the bit i think i will find difficult, not sure whether to leave some overhang on the front toe area of extra fabric so can fold it underneath and the sides to glue it in nicely.

Those are BADASS!!
awesome job!

Thanks airair, yes I am liking them too.

when it comes to glueing on them uppers at the toe area, how difficult will it be?

the toe area glueing bit is the bit i think i will find difficult, not sure whether to leave some overhang on the front toe area of extra fabric so can fold it underneath and the sides to glue it in nicely.

Yeah, not sure :confused I trimmed these down a tad the other night and I am feeling right now that I may have trimmed too much :cry If that is the case, I will have to scratch build new soles too :unsure

I am going to ask in the costume area to see what help I can get from there :sleep

Thanks airair, yes I am liking them too.

Yeah, not sure :confused I trimmed these down a tad the other night and I am feeling right now that I may have trimmed too much :cry If that is the case, I will have to scratch build new soles too :unsure

I am going to ask in the costume area to see what help I can get from there :sleep

well even though the kmag soles are based on the mpoon soles, the kmag ones at the front seem to be slightly trimmed in height.

the mark poon soles are much better as they have a much better toa area and correct height.

unfortunately since the kmags already come like they do, we can only build it up with something like that shoo goo method i think.

im going to try and see what i can do.

But i'm thinking surely there is a type of strong flexible foam casting that we could pour once we have made replicas of these kmag or mpoon soles?

I wonder how the mpoon soles were made?

I will probably have to make a scratch built sole for the small 6~7s for my wife. I intend to use EVA 20mm foam mats plus some 3mm and Shoe Goo. This way I can sculpt the sole to have the splayed out outer edge the way the sole should have.

The paint I found (whilst a bit dark) works and I am wondering if either doing a white mist or simply mixing the white and grey together would work to provide a lighter finish.

I think that now that understand how the Shoe Goo reacts to ice, I might be able to pull off a clear sole set for very little as well. I also have release agent now, so sticking should no longer be an issue.

I think it is possible to make a nice set of 3mm thick clear soles that can be glued in to replace the ones of both K-MAG and MP MAG for fairly cheap.

Another Phantom Mag update.

I got an email from Yeezy showing me their latest what ever it is (I don't like it anyway) and I so I sent them this pic of mine.

stylized-mag-scratch-build-almost-complete-mag-build-95.jpg-116341d1349192613

They returned the email with:

"HEY FRIEND, WE DONT HAVE THIS YET. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ONCE WE GET IT."

Will be interested to see what exactly they get.

I am about to spam them again...

Latest email :

....we will carry nike mag on November.

Since they (same site?) previously said August, and now it's November, I'm still very skeptical. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. If they are as accurate to the real shoes as their other various Nikes are, that would be bad ass.

For those that have a doubt about these Chinese copies ever coming out, I have started a new thread in the costume section where you can access the patterns I created.

LINK

Hey Cavx can you post a pic of this "phantom shoe" that they sent you a picture of? And this website "yeezy"? Whats the full website...I'd like to take a look at their other products

Hey Cavx can you post a pic of this "phantom shoe" that they sent you a picture of? And this website "yeezy"? Whats the full website...I'd like to take a look at their other products

I don't seem to even have the email :confused

Anyway, HERE is the link to the site that has all their gear.

There is no Phantom MAG. The shoe in the photo was the one I sent them of my own scratch built pair.
stylized-mag-scratch-build-almost-complete-mag-build-95.jpg-116341d1349192613

stylized-mag-scratch-build-almost-complete-mag-build-94.jpg-116273d1349147407

Last edited:
well let me just tell you 1 thing and i'm sure other people in this thread will verify it. I tried buying shoes from this place a few months back. NEVER DEAL WITH THEM! They don't speak good english #1, #2 I ordered a pair and they said they were in stock...Turns out about a week later they weren't actually in their inventory, #3 I tried to get my money back on my credit card and they told me to pick another shoe because no refunds would be given......SO I had to put a dispute in with the credit card company and forward them the emails we had of the communications between me and the place....ALL IN ALL DO NOT! DEAL WITH THAT SITE....TERRIBLE customer service, and they just don't care about you getting your money back

they just don't care about you getting your money back

Welcome to buying online out of China.

Whilst my experience was a little better than yours [I actually got my shoes], I am surprised that they are still around.

If you go back a few pages, you should find contact details for another. Thing is, these guys are re-sellers, not the manufacture. The shoes themselves are made in Vietnam, not China, and the Chinese are simply the retail end. They would be even cheaper again if we could contact the manufacture and deal direct. You'd probably get your "screen accurate" shoes made as well.

The actual 2011 NIKE MAG was made in Taiwan, not China or Vietnam so a different company again.

Welcome to buying online out of China.

Whilst my experience was a little better than yours [I actually got my shoes], I am surprised that they are still around.

If you go back a few pages, you should find contact details for another. Thing is, these guys are re-sellers, not the manufacture. The shoes themselves are made in Vietnam, not China, and the Chinese are simply the retail end. They would be even cheaper again if we could contact the manufacture and deal direct. You'd probably get your "screen accurate" shoes made as well.

The actual 2011 NIKE MAG was made in Taiwan, not China or Vietnam so a different company again.

HaHa yeah I've done the online china buying..I have the Kmags just like you do but I bought them from SBShoes.com and had an awesome experience and quick shipping as well...

HaHa yeah I've done the online china buying..I have the Kmags just like you do but I bought them from SBShoes.com and had an awesome experience and quick shipping as well...

yeah I heard SBShoes were easier to deal with.

Pretty amusing how the words "phantom mag" have been misunderstood.

I guess we need more StarWars jokes.

There is no doubt allot of anticipation to the release of the said shoe and anything that promises the release is taken with a little too much enthusiasm at times. Star Wars in 3D. Now that is a joke.

lol

i just realised we already have "clone mag"!

with "phantom mag", we now just need a "revenge mag" to complete the trilogy!

I think Cavx and I already did those.

Yeah, I think we covered the whole saga too :cool

Don't forget the Holiday special mag's....

I've never seen a holiday special of Star Wars. In Australia, SW didn't seem to have the same impact as in the US and other parts of the world. We had the theatrical releases of each, then that seems to be it.

I believe this year was the first time a comic con has ever been held in this country.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back