NIKE MAG Knockoffs

The reference might be wasted but-

"F&%&ING BUBBLES!!"

IMG_2012-08-22191916465.jpg

The bubble s made from the same stuff as the soles for uniformity. Just needs a slight spray to mist it up.

The NIKE will be hand cut from a stencil pattern.

You guys inspired me to finish my second pair of wearable Markpoon Conversions. I still have to splatter paint and apply the MAG logo to the heel, but they actually fit my feet (BARELY)...

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Good to hear that Jedifyfe. Thought you might have given up and really hoped that you didn't. If the MP MAGs aren't quite your size, then might I suggest you buy the K-MAG in your size and customize that. That way you can actually wear them.

You can spray paint the white foam to a grey and the crappy solid colour soles come off with a heat gun.

I am happy to send you a piece of the pyramid mat if you can't source it locally and suggest that Shoe Goo will work to do the clear soles.

They actually fit snug but comfortable. I am going to try and wear them out to a movie or something. I'll take a video.

That looks good. Is it a scratch build or a modded Poon Heel Cup?

It's the MP heel cup. It's a pity that the MP heels have the "ankle bubble" coming so close to the edge as the real mag has a good gap between the edge and the bubble. Because of that I went with a slightly more stylised shape for the bubble. Rounded on one side. Like a Japanese edamame bean:cool

You can see in the pic that the MAG has been painted with the same mix of emerald green/india blue as the splatter to tie it together.

Too much splatter there? As I said, intentionally going for more but may have just crossed the line. Hmm:confused

They actually fit snug but comfortable. I am going to try and wear them out to a movie or something. I'll take a video.

I look forward to seeing it. I think it actually cool that another 40+YO is actually comfortable wearing these in pubic :) I might take mine for a spin this weekend myself :) No video though :lol

It's the MP heel cup. It's a pity that the MP heels have the "ankle bubble" coming so close to the edge as the real mag has a good gap between the edge and the bubble. Because of that I went with a slightly more stylised shape for the bubble. Rounded on one side. Like a Japanese edamame bean:cool

You can see in the pic that the MAG has been painted with the same mix of emerald green/india blue as the splatter to tie it together.

Too much splatter there? As I said, intentionally going for more but may have just crossed the line. Hmm:confused

No I think it looks good. Would need to see it against the sole to say if there was too much or not. I could not find India Blue, so bought a matching green and blue (same brand and intensity) and will mix these in the coming days.

I've re-worked my Heel Cup, so hopefully I can Vac Form at least a pair in the coming days. Then I will splat both soles and cup so it comes out uniform (hopefully) before starting the new uppers.

I wore them for about 20 minutes around the house and all the connections seem to hold fine. Next is to wear them outside.

Since I will be wearing this pair out and about, I felt that I needed to strengthen the heel cup with styrene. I had heard that if you pull the straps of the Markpoon shoes a little too much, the foam heel cup would just pop.

Much stronger now!!! And it cleans up the look of the inside...

Img_1055.jpg

Img_1054.jpg

Since I will be wearing this pair out and about, I felt that I needed to strengthen the heel cup with styrene.

I think you mean Ankle Buckle?

I had heard that if you pull the straps of the Markpoon shoes a little too much, the foam heel cup would just pop.

Much stronger now!!! And it cleans up the look of the inside...

Good job. Yeah mine popped during my first wear. I reinforced it with a section of PVC pipe.

Have you got the battery in the Ankle Buckle now? Or is that the entry point to the EL on the Ankle Strap?

Cutting and fitting the final outsoles right now. Again, some of the darket spots are on tje top of the rubber so a little paint remover on a cloth will get rid of that. The actual blue tint is on the revetse of the rubber.

DSC_0280.jpg

Trying to make things as clean as possible. Im pretty happy with things so far.

Last edited:
Your making great progress. When I get time, I am going to produce bottom sole with a positive pyramid pattern just like the real shoe.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back