NIKE MAG Knockoffs

I got the silver ones. My first major change will be pulling off the uppers and replacing them completely. Then I'll splatter some blue on the whites of the soles.

After that, I'm going to investigate swapping the colored sole section for a clear section...then lighting those puppies up.

I'm not sure paint alone would work, especially if you plan on wearing them.

-Nick

I got the silver ones. My first major change will be pulling off the uppers and replacing them completely. Then I'll splatter some blue on the whites of the soles.

After that, I'm going to investigate swapping the colored sole section for a clear section...then lighting those puppies up.

-Nick

I bought the silver ones as well I'm thinking about getting a grey lycra material and redo-ing them and then just putting the EL lights on the strap but thats as far as i'll prob. go with them.

After speaking with the designer through YouTube, it's clear he has no say in anything, which is unfortunate. The guy wants the shoes to be more accurate, but the guy in charge of the company just doesn't care.

Apparently one set of "proper" mags was made by the knockoff company, and they sit in the boss' office. There are no plans to make anymore, and understandably, the designer doesn't want to risk his job by pushing too hard. I say we all just leave him alone so we don't cost the guy his job accidentally.

He just wants to design shoes and get a pay check. All of this attention is making him highly suspicious of us folks...afterall we DID sort of come out of nowhere. So let's all just focus on making mods to the shoes as they are now.

-Nick

After speaking with the designer through YouTube, it's clear he has no say in anything, which is unfortunate. The guy wants the shoes to be more accurate, but the guy in charge of the company just doesn't care.

Apparently one set of "proper" mags was made by the knockoff company, and they sit in the boss' office. There are no plans to make anymore, and understandably, the designer doesn't want to risk his job by pushing too hard. I say we all just leave him alone so we don't cost the guy his job accidentally.

He just wants to design shoes and get a pay check. All of this attention is making him highly suspicious of us folks...afterall we DID sort of come out of nowhere. So let's all just focus on making mods to the shoes as they are now.

-Nick

yeah i got the same message. he said his boss thinks we are suspicious. Don't know why though!

-Nick

you got them already? that was quick!

yeah, let us know how you get on with it.

I fully plan on having them be wearable. And the only way to see if they'll be strong enough is to just do it.

...Just a little Nike humor. :lol

-Nick

Great review but for another $100 I think Markpoons are worth it.

I really wish that was an option for me. I would have needed to put so much newspaper in the toe of his shoes just to make sure they didn't fall off my feet.

All I really need this for is the white section of the sole. To me, that was worth the price. In the meantime, I'm having fun wearing them around the house.

-Nick

Your video just made me want those even more. hey looked pretty solid, and a repaint would do the soles a lot of good.

I'll be completely honest, I had a pair of Mark's Mags, and the materials were really poor. Obviously the upper was a better fabric, but the soles felt like they would split with a bit of wear and the foam plate on the straps tore with very little strain. A solid plastic plate would certainly solve that.

Your video just made me want those even more. hey looked pretty solid, and a repaint would do the soles a lot of good.

I'll be completely honest, I had a pair of Mark's Mags, and the materials were really poor. Obviously the upper was a better fabric, but the soles felt like they would split with a bit of wear and the foam plate on the straps tore with very little strain. A solid plastic plate would certainly solve that.

Well if you want any areas of the shoes highlighted and examined in HD, let me know now before I tear into them.

-Nick

Awesome little review mate. Glad everything went alright with the order. Ive emailed them the other day and will be ordering mine on saturday. Just hope I dont get it with customs fees:confused

My only dilemma is which color to go for, I know these aren't accurate, but the closest one to the real ones out of their choices is the one you purchased. But Im really considering going for the white on black pair. My plan is to actually wear these till they start to fall apart, and im thinking bright silver shoes are a bit much lol. Then I'll order another pair and use the old pair as a donor kit to make a more accurate set.

Thats the plan anyway... :confused

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back