NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Hey guys, do any of you lot remember this guy Mark Kurath who paid $4000 to have his own custom one off pair of nike mags made from scratch by a shoemaker? i think this guy had them made in 2008 or 2009. They had no leds on them, but were fairly accurate i think apart from the colours for heel cup,soles and the soles themselves.

bttf2x - My.KicksOnFire.com

bttf1x - My.KicksOnFire.com

Share 'bttf1x' - My.KicksOnFire.com

IMG_0095x2 - My.KicksOnFire.com

If i had $4000 lying around though i wouldn't spend it on a shoe!

If i had $4000 lying around and wanted custom made on mesure shoes I'd get a pair from John Lobb. To each is own for sure, but I don't understand one second where the money went when I see those pics.

Hey guys, do any of you lot remember this guy Mark Kurath who paid $4000 to have his own custom one off pair of nike mags made from scratch by a shoemaker? i think this guy had them made in 2008 or 2009. They had no leds on them, but were fairly accurate i think apart from the colours for heel cup,soles and the soles themselves.

bttf2x - My.KicksOnFire.com

bttf1x - My.KicksOnFire.com

Share 'bttf1x' - My.KicksOnFire.com

IMG_0095x2 - My.KicksOnFire.com

If i had $4000 lying around though i wouldn't spend it on a shoe!

I wouldn't. Have paid 100 bucks for those things. ***** ******, the kMAGs are more accurate!
Btw as you may have seen earlier I am modding a pair of the kMAGs at the moment. All going well and colour aside, they'll be a fairly accurate copy which will also be durable. Thinking maybe using a shrinking plastic around all the wiring to make it tougher to break and they'll only be as waterproof as anything electrical that doesnt get soaked, so no jumping in big puddles in them.

Had a play with making the new sole pieces today. The shape is odd, so I will need to transfer my paper pattern to a piece of something a little more rigid to ensure I actually nailed this before purchasing any of the clear elastoma for the end result.

I started to model this in Sketch Up and it was interesting to note that where the size 10s have 4mm squares, 1mm gaps, the size 8s have 3mm squares and proportional gaps. When I finally do mine, I guess it will have to one size treads for all sizes.

I said it before...these are NOT even close to the real shoes. I am surprised that you are surprised about how "off" these are.

For $100 more, Markpoons shoes are WAY better and as Risu found out, even if you order your size you may not be able to wear them.
Could you tell me where I can get the MarkPoon Mags?

If i had $4000 lying around and wanted custom made on mesure shoes I'd get a pair from John Lobb. To each is own for sure, but I don't understand one second where the money went when I see those pics.
I'm sure the last time I got a quote for a custom pair of shoes, they were between $500 and $1000. $4K is a bit steep IMO.

That's the price for an high end pair of John Lobb's. ;)
That's quite pricey but well that's how much you have to pay to wear the best english shoes you can get.

Their regular shoes are already above $1,200 a pair so $4,000 is kinda of a bargain for a custom job. :lol

I actually like the height of those.

Bought the materials last week and hopefully I will get my new ankle straps done this week.

Something else that bothers me on these shoes is the ankle strap buckle, not so much because it flat, but more because it is just wrong shape. So I started a build in a pair of those and will post images soon.

The strap shield would the the easiest thing to make, go for it!

Not the easiest when you have to make two the same. I am layering up mine now and will post photos when I am done about how I did these. Once done, I'll be getting a RTV mold made for making these out of poly.

Hey everybody, I've decided for a couple different reasons, mostly financial and they're too small for my feet, to let go of this whole Nike Mag dream. If anybody wants my size 12s that fit like 11s, send me a PM, I'll give you a better deal than the places you can get them and they're still technically brand new.

Hey everybody, I've decided for a couple different reasons, mostly financial and they're too small for my feet, to let go of this whole Nike Mag dream. If anybody wants my size 12s that fit like 11s, send me a PM, I'll give you a better deal than the places you can get them and they're still technically brand new.

Don't give up yet, i'm still hopefull those kmags version 2's will be coming out. Let's just hope they have modified it accordingly to make it more accurate.

If they do release them and they're considerably better AND size 13 (real size 12), then I'll probably pick up a pair.

does anyone know what material is being used in the middle layer of the main material of the kmags?

i know the outer layer is pvc/fake leather type with a thumbprint pattern, but after it, there is a thin foamy type material, and then the inner fabric material over it.

So its still quite soft and easy to bend.

if im going to restitch my entire main shoe, i was hoping to get the same type of material for the thin foamy type stuff.

if anyone knows, feel free to share.

TheNickFox would be the best person to ask given he's completely torn his down. I'd say it is not anything special, just a thin foam.

The foam in the shoes appears to be 1mm EVA.

The skin of the uppers is some sort of vinyl fabric with what appears to be a cotton batting base.

The vinyl adds a significant amount of structure to the shoe, so if you're replacing the fabric too, you may want to go with a thicker EVA foam as a replacement. I'm using 2mm and it seems to be working well so far.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Nick

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back