NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Risu, I contacted them by mail a couple of days after placing my order because I never received the order confirmation mail. They sent me a mail later explaining they were out of stock of Nike Mags. I don't understand why they keep taking orders :angry

I suggest you to contact them and ask for a money return. I am still waiting for the refund in my bank account...

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. LoL! It's sad but you that is the only way I received a response of them being 'out of stock' as well.

Well, I've "ordered" a pair from the site you used, just have to pay. I'm waiting on a response email from BLC before actually placing the order. If you hadn't already successfully ordered from this place though I wouldn't trust them at all. Angela Chen speaks worse English than a 2 year old.

Well, I've "ordered" a pair from the site you used, just have to pay. I'm waiting on a response email from BLC before actually placing the order. If you hadn't already successfully ordered from this place though I wouldn't trust them at all. Angela Chen speaks worse English than a 2 year old.

LOL remember they are Chinese and English is not their native language. I've been communicating with them to see if they will do the silver shoe with a the black sole. I get responses to my emails within hours, but they said they are only the re-seller and not the manufacture. They didn't seem keen on passing on my request either.

I would really be cool if someone would make templates and instructions on how to make your own shoes.

The problem with doing something like that is that each template would have to be individually scaled the the shoe size of the sole.

...I'm having a hard enough time getting everything scaled properly and lined up on ONE shoe size. The pros have computers to automatically scale their patterns, for us, the best option seems to be trial and error. I probably have about 40-60 hours invested in just trying to get the pattern for the uppers work out. It's not 'plug and play' process, unfortunately.

I just tested everything, in a dry fit (nothing was glued together, just loosely taped) and let me tell you it was TIGHT...and that was without a sock. However it may work for someone with slightly narrower feet...hence where trial and error comes in.

Just grab some craft foam and a lot of images of the real shoes and start experimenting...you don't even need to tear your shoes apart. (yet) Just play around and see what you come up with.

-Nick

Got some work done on MY shoes...

Dsc04408.jpg

Dsc04445.jpg

Dsc04446.jpg

That looks Jedifyfe. The ONLY issue I have with the Mark Poon shoes is that yellowing sole. When I bought mine in 2010, I learned that these shoes had been available for a few years and that mine were 'last of' stock, so the soles had turned yellow. But it seems that all the pairs of the shoes have this same yellow sole.

attachment.php

i heard back from one seller who said they had heard more accurate knockoffs are coming next month, thats what they say, but not sure if they are just meaning different colours or something.

I gave them links to multiple images of the real mags to explain what I meant, so we have to wait and see.

These knockoff mags, I don't believe they have used anything spectacular in terms of materials, in fact the design is rather simple if you compare them to most athletics running shoes and other air jordan types which have multiple bits of rubber on soles and all sorts of shapes,etc.

these mag knockoffs have a basic 2 part sole rubber and simple upper pvc or vinyl. To make them more accurate, I guess they will be having to improve the soles by making them clear, improving the midsole because currently its just white foam, and the uppers which are too short and quickly stitched.

I reckon if they are looking properly at images of the real mags, then it should be easily possible for them to create an almost 95% accurate replica without any led's or el lights.

Lets wait and see.

Last edited:
i heard back from one seller who said they had heard more accurate knockoffs are coming next month, thats what they say, but not sure if they are just meaning different colours or something.

Lets hope so. Whilst I like the white/black shoes I have, they are a bit plain. I didn't buy the silver ones simply because of that horrid tan/yellow sole insert. If that was black the shoe would have looked different and heap better and I probably would have gone silver. A solid sole (black or other) doesn't help you guys with lighting though.

I gave them links to multiple images of the real mags to explain what I meant, so we have to wait and see.

Maybe you could send me (by PM) the contact details and I will work on them as well. The more noise they get, the quicker they might take action on this.

These knockoff mags, I don't believe they have used anything spectacular in terms of materials, in fact the design is rather simple if you compare them to most athletics running shoes and other air jordan types which have multiple bits of rubber on soles and all sorts of shapes,etc.

What I find odd is that the rubber used in the "midsole" is the same as used on a part of the outer sole. I do have to wonder how long that is expected to last? Unlike Jordans, the MAG (whist a hi-top) is not a basket ball shoe and in fact we don't even know if it was ever intended for any sport.

There was supposed to be a scene (never shot due to tech limits of '89) where Marty walks on the ceiling in some form of future sport and hence the name MAG - Magnetic Anti-Gravity. They were not just to allow him to ride the hover board because he rides that later in the film without the MAGs on his feet.

these mag knockoffs have a basic 2 part sole rubber and simple upper pvc or vinyl. To make them more accurate, I guess they will be having to improve the soles by making them clear, improving the midsole because currently its just white foam, and the uppers which are too short and quickly stitched.

And really what should we expect for the price? I'm sure the real AIR MAG actually has AIR soles. Interestingly enough, does anyone remember the NIKE AIR PRESSURE? I owned a pair of these from 1990 and their air sole was actually a part of the sock liner and not molded into the shoe itself.

I reckon if they are looking properly at images of the real mags, then it should be easily possible for them to create an almost 95% accurate replica without any led's or el lights.

Well as has already been said, these are closer to Mark Poon's shoes (copied?) than the the real NIKE AIR MAG.

Which seller did you speak to? Can you post the link to the site of which you have been in contact with? From the time this thread started there have been so many different links for the same shoe. Just wanna see who we're dealing with.:thumbsup

If the revisions do come, they should probably take all the Nike logos off. I heard that if they get too accurate that Nike might sue the company that makes them.

Man, I would LOVE more accurate Mags. If one of these makers could get better fabric, clear soles and slightly better form, I would buy SEVERAL pairs.

We will still have to add the lighting but I have that down to a science now.

Got some work done on MY shoes...

Dsc04408.jpg

Brad, GREAT job on that splatter paint. It really looks close to the pattern on the official shoes. It must take lots and lots of practice, huh?
But I gotta ask.... in all the pictures you post, the color looks rather blue-ish. This could totally be the white balance of the camera and/or computer screen, as I see the color matches the "MAG" stickers quite well, and I know those aren't blue. But whenever I see pics of the official shoes, studio or amateur, the splatter color always looks more green or dark teal to my eyes. Not trying to be nit-picky, just curious how yours look in person?

/\ You are correct. I wanted to match the MAG logo rather than try to paint it the correct green/teal. In person the "blueish" color is much more subtle and from a foot away it looks VERY subtle.

Yes the "splatter" takes a LONG time to do. If you look closely you will see that there are very fine, hair width, splatter lines throughout the painting. On the real MAG's they are all over and make up 90% of the splatter. The larger spatters are few and far between.

The color of the paint on the original MAG's differs with lighting:

Dsc04408.jpg

THESE LOOK MORE BLUE

IMG_5647.jpg

WHILE THESE LOOK MORE GREEN:

511352841_o.jpg

Last edited:
The first shot is heaps brighter too, so that will change the way the colour looks. From all the images I have seen, the spatter/dots looks to be the same as the MAG.

Here are two images I pulled from the EBAY auctions last September. The light levels are closer so you can see that the colour is more consistent. It is also interesting that the soles lights don't seen to change the colour either - [think bias lighting or the colour of a wall behind a TV and how it changed the colours of the set]
Lights ON
attachment.php

Lights OFF
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ebay Image 6.jpg
    Ebay Image 6.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 1,468
Last edited:
I don't think we will seeing them anytime soon, if ever. These are the same MAGs I bought, but now at a higher price.

Apparently somebody from this site, said they talked to a seller that is making the clear soles. I've got 3 sites in my favorites that all have the "K-Mags"...not sure which one will be selling the clear soles though. As i already have a silver pair i'm waiting on the revisions too

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back